SurberSigns

Is this worth it?

So I recently came into contact with a guy who runs a online car parts store. I asked him who's been doing his decals for his shop and all that and he told me he gets them done at .23 cents for 100+.

The logo he gets done is nothing fancy. Just a one color decal but the size is 12 inches long and 3.5 tall. He told me he orders at least 1,000 every order and brings other business to him as well. We started talking and he said the other guy is a mechanic and has been real slow with the jobs so he was interested in placing the orders with me for now on.

Do you think its worth it? I told him .30 cents maybe and hoping he brings other business along. If he doesn't I would only offer him it one time.

I use 24 inch rolls of oracal 651 by 10 yards. Is it worth that price? The time is going to be a pain because I am the only one. .30 cents for the decals? 12x3.5.

What do you think?

You can do 168 per roll so roll of vinyl say $25 plus 1/10 roll of app tape say $7 comes out to 19 cents each your cost so you'd make $18 off of a whole roll of the not counting wear and tear. There is no way he's getting them done for 23 cents and wouldn't do 100 for less than $1 each and that is if they are almost no weed to them. Remember you cost to produce is at minimum 19 cents each.

I am with jay - I wouldn't print them for that even , , ,  , and that is a lot less work.   printed I would be $1 each cut 1.50

• Like 2

I agree,   he is full of crap, I could sell just one phone case that takes me less than a minute and a half to do out the door including mailing and make almost what  your going to make  doing  all that work,   to make what???

Its a clutch parts store. the guy whos been doing them is supposedly getting a free clutch lol

So he's doing the work for cost of materials and some horse bartering, no way to compete with that unless you too need a clutch.

• Like 1

Just remember that time wasted can never be replaced, you can make more money but there are only so many days in your life. I'd rather not waste mine on this particular job.

He seems desperate. He said he dont understand why the other guy will do them for .23 and not me lol. Then hes lije what if I do .30. Im not going to mess with it

Remind him why he is looking for a new supplier. The last guy probable isn't going to need any more clutches so I bet his price is going to go up as well. Figure out what you want at your regular price and tell him. If he bites then great, if not oh well. 

• Like 1