Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

I think I need a quote for printing

I have been approached to do about 400 shirts for the elementary school for the kids.  Shirts will vary in colors as each class will have its own color.  There will only be 2 designs, one for the kindergarteners and 1 for the 1st graders.  The design will be one color.  I have no idea what the design is or size at this point but am going to submit my bid based on a 7x7 inch design.

Now, I have vinyl and could do it that way but what a pain in the ass that would be.  I don't silk screen and don't want to sub out to a local place.... what are my options?  Anyone here make transfers or anything like that?

If so shoot me a message.  At this point a ballpark estimate based off my above info is fine for now.  I realize it could change depending on the size etc.  

Looks like if my math is right I can do them in vinyl for about a buck a piece on vinyl cost.

The company here that usually does them screens them so I am sure there price is gonna be low.  They do most of the work in town so I am pretty sure I won't be getting this but was asked to quote.... who knows?

OH, WAIT!!!!!!

I just reread the info.  first design.....10 classrooms 18-21 shirts per class.  Each class has different color shirt AND design.

1st grade same thing but 11 classes and 18-21 per class.  Each class has a different color shirt and design color.  

So, still only 2 designs

lets see, 2 screens. $50 setup. Actual Shipping. On say a Gildan ultra blend wholesale for a order like this would be at 4.35 each

lets see, 2 screens. $50 setup. Actual Shipping. On say a Gildan ultra blend wholesale for a order like this would be at 4.35 each

4.35 to make or is that cost to the customer?

Custom ink priced it at $5.80 based on youth color shirts. No way I would be cheaper than them especially since everyone around here uses them for price comparison.

I would be around $4.50 per shirt with no setup fees for a single color ink. Plus actual shipping charges of course.

I can usually have something out within a week of getting the final artwork, sizes and colors and of course a payment ;)

Sometimes in as little as 2-3 days, depending on what else I have in the shop at the time.

Ya same here. 2 to 3 days from art approval. Can do same day for a premium if need be. A run this size should only take 4 hours max from sorting to boxing.