security802

hat+siser+iron+mixing bowl = not too shabby

So I got me a camo hat at Walmart for $2.97 and some orange Siser from USCutter. Then I proceeded to cut my design and then I used a hand Iron and a mixing bowl to apply the Siser to the hat. Yup need a hat press right after my 15"x15" heat press is ordered. Man the wife is gonna kill me LOL

post-36874-0-21119900-1377377891_thumb.j

post-36874-0-17757700-1377377984_thumb.j

post-36874-0-26308700-1377377994_thumb.j

Adhesion is very good. takes a little longer by hand but I have done a couple shirts for me and they have been washed a good 20x and holding up great.

How did you get the words custom decals to curve just right

Take the hat lay it on a piece of paper, trace with pen, scan in to pc and convert to vector. Then do text to path and boom text to the shape of the brim.

• Like 2

SCALP, and yes lay the brim on a piece of paper and trace with a pen then scan in computer import to scalp clean up nodes then do text to path to put the text on the brim line.

hat brim.svg

length is 5" put one space in before you start to type your words. resize to fit and adjust letter tracking as well, if using scalp. Mine was 135%

Hope it helps

Cool thanks for that info EL  i use signblazer..Have not really looked at scalp

Cool thanks for that info EL  i use signblazer..Have not really looked at scalp

No problem, glad to help where I can. I assume same idea on the text to path, not sure if you can use SVG in signblazer. I can not save in true EPS tho. If not maybe you can or one of our friendly guru's could save it in EPS

I can vector it with inkscape with no problem i will look at it and give it a whirl.. Still learning alot.. Next order of vinyl i put together gonna order some heat transfer vinyl

I can vector it with inkscape with no problem i will look at it and give it a whirl.. Still learning alot.. Next order of vinyl i put together gonna order some heat transfer vinyl

I order a foot with last order as still waiting to get my heat press, so doing it with regular Iron and it takes to much work to to do too many that way. Real easy to work with. just make sure to REVERSE your design LOL

yeah i have been doing some research on it.. All the projects i am having to do around this house is taking all my fundage. Probably get a heat press first of the year

Make yourself a sticky note and place it in front of you on the monitor reminding to REVERSE design and trust me you will most likely still forget from time to time. :huh:

• Like 1

Make yourself a sticky note and place it in front of you on the monitor reminding to REVERSE design and trust me you will most likely still forget from time to time. :huh:

And beside the reverse sticker add weld before cutting. That 1 still gets me in trouble from time to time with text.