Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Has anyone ever tried DyePress PolyGloss coating for making your own DyeSub blanks?

Saw this while I was watching a Conde YouTube video and it looks interesting - http://www.dyepress.com/servlet/StoreFront.

It's a paint-it-on-yourself polyester coating for adding dye sublimation to just about anything that can withstand the heat press.  They have a gloss, a sating and a "natural" clear for use on wood and stone.  They also sell spray products for adding a polyester layer to cotton shirts.

Just wondered if anyone else had tried it before I risked any of my own cash...

Edit: Here's the YouTube video I saw - 

I bought some not from Conde but same stuff It did not work for me and I didn't like it at all but maybe that's just me.  Maybe if I had a spray gun it would have worked better

I still have a big kit I bought a while back that I never used - same stuff bill got I think.  was going to do granet tiles from home depot with the white and poly but never got around to it

I tried the same you have in your picture and the finish was very inconsistent and the actual transfer was very uneven. Tossed it last time I cleaned the shelf behind my bench. Great idea but I couldn't achieve decent results.