jessjim410

Help with color vs. outlines when importing

Hi Im brand new to cutting. I just set up MH 721. I have been designing some work in Illustrator cs6 (just learning that program). When I import image into sure cuts alot, it is outlined and not in the color I have it in illustrator.How do I make it full color, like if I want to print the image and not just outlines? This is probably a silly question but I need to get going with this. Any help would be a great help.

You are not "printing" you are "cutting" and there's a difference.

From my understanding of the process, you should be Exporting as .eps from Illustrator (or Saving as .eps) and then importing that .eps into your cutting program.

Is that how you're doing it?

Thanks for your response. yes Im saving as .eps. I was in hopes I could print my color image with epson ink jet, then use print/cut option to add registration marks then cut on opaque paper. Is that not how this works? I tried  just cutting on vinyl as well, but only half my image cut. Im ALL confused lol. So if I import my image into cuts alot, will it only be an outlined image?

I dont do contour cutting so cant help you there but something that may help you with SCALP and Illustrator is the plug in on the USCutter site where you can send directly from Illustrator to SCALP without saving it. I use Corel and the plug in to SCALP when I cut with SCALP

Everything Ive ever imported in scalp was just outline (wire frame).