mabscotthandyman

Mountain justic

I like it, I don't know how you kill someone back, but I don't want to find out.

Any land for sale there That's my kind of place.

Lots of land. We end up near the bottom on about every list but it really is a great place to live. The farm I grew up on was 1 mile from the closest neighbor. The place where I live now is only about 1700 people at the most and is an old coal mining camp where crime is almost nonexistant our state in whole has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation a result probably from high gun ownership.

• Like 1

Hard to be a crook when granny goes to get her social security check packing a 38 snubnose. But it snows there and I don't think I could go back to snow again.

I like it, I don't know how you kill someone back, but I don't want to find out.

That would be the " we " part ... " We will kill you back ... " . Nice saying/philoaophy , but laws amd enforcement change . In Texas , it is still very much grass roots justice . I read where somebody took a high powered rifle and shot the guy dead , that was taking his vehicle off the property 1/8 mile away . Turns out it was a repo guy doing something illegal . The guy was never charged at all with anything . In Texas it is legal to shoot/kill someone for stealing . In Maryland , you are supposed to call the cops and either move out of the way or help the thief ..

No kidding Karma Maryland is a commie state.

A guy pulled a knife on Me after assaulting my daughter and kicking me.

I took the knife off him without hurting him and guess who they arrested. Me for assault because I told him if he ever tried that again he wouldn't walk away. They wouldn't arrest him because he was friends with the sherrifs kids.

No kidding Karma Maryland is a commie state.

A guy pulled a knife on Me after assaulting my daughter and kicking me.

I took the knife off him without hurting him and guess who they arrested. Me for assault because I told him if he ever tried that again he wouldn't walk away. They wouldn't arrest him because he was friends with the sherrifs kids.

That would not work with me ....you should never bring a knife to a gun fight. I applude your resistance if someone does something to my family the game is on they can get away with me but my kids , grandkids ,or great grandkids are a different story

I read or heard (don't remember which) a story once from Florida where the local sheriffs office was chasing down a bad guy that had shot a cop. When they finally cornered the guy he opened fire on the police. The police returned fire and killed the guy. When the Sheriff was interviewed by the local news they asked why they had shot the guy 65 times. The sheriff replied "because that's all the bullets we had".

Don't know if its true of just an urban myth, but a good story none the less.

I read or heard (don't remember which) a story once from Florida where the local sheriffs office was chasing down a bad guy that had shot a cop. When they finally cornered the guy he opened fire on the police. The police returned fire and killed the guy. When the Sheriff was interviewed by the local news they asked why they had shot the guy 65 times. The sheriff replied "because that's all the bullets we had".

Don't know if its true of just an urban myth, but a good story none the less.

An actual case in West Virginia last year north of Charleston I belive where a man was arrested and undoubtly was not searched well and had a gun shot both state troopers the tow truck driver and a sherrifs deputy two of the police officers died but when he was cornered he was shot 32 times a little over kill maybe this happened in clay county in Aug. 2012

From my dealings with the sheriff's in South Carolina they would prefer you shot the bad guy dead. Deputy told me there is less paperwork if there's only 1 side to the story. Got to agree with Dan on the knife to a gun fight, if you pull a knife on me you will never do it to anyone again.

• Like 1