fourthsyde

Online Store

Its not much yet, but i managed to get a hold of some open source (free) shopping cart software and so far I'm really happy with it. Be gentle, I've only been working on it for about 6 hours.

Here it is:

http://uniquesigns.org/store/

Let me know what you think! As for the banner at the top, I'm still learning my way around photoshop, so its a work in progress :o

Thanx for sharing.

I thing you are on the right track. Keep working on it and you will have a great store.

very nice! See if you can get the word "Canada' in there some more so it will show up better in searches.If I ever get around to it,I'll link to you from my store ( I don't particularly care to ship to canada,rates are high). The more people who lnk to you,the higher up you go on Google. Oh,and don't forget to register it with Google.

that looks great! those images aren't copyrighted are they? would you care to share the info on that open source shopping cart software?

bruce blessing

i got it at www.zen-cart.com

its really easy to work with, had it set up in no time... if you host with godaddy theyll install it and do all the hard work for you, then you just have to tweak

thanks just downloaded it. considering buying the manual, but i am going to try it first and see where i can get with just the help tab.

bb

Sweet! I love open source software. Let us know how well it operates for you.

Is the entire site made by Zen Cart or is Zen Cart added to other software to complete the site?  In other words, can you point us to all of the software you used to make this site?  It looks great by the way.  Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

ok... so i just spent the last two weeks learning about putting together a website with zencart. zencart has been around for several years, so there is a mountan of info out there. but you do need at least a basic understanding of html, and editing php files. i didn't have a clue. but i am smarter now, and my wife says she never sees me anymore. :'( hahaha lol i still have lots to learn but every day i learn somethig, and thats better than i was when i woke up that morning. i don't know about other servers but godaddy has an install link built into their hosting console that works perfectly. i baught three domains; .com .org and .info. the .org and .info domains are forwarded to the .com domain. i also baught two years of hosting with a secure socket layer certificate. this alows me to accept cc cards and paypal. as for software... everything you will need can be downloaded for free.

hope this helps

bb

I have a site I did with zen-cart. I have no idea how I did it. I have no clue about building a website but I make a lot of sales off it so it must work.

i have no clue either. but my brain hurts from all i have learned over the last two weeks!

bb

Its not much yet, but i managed to get a hold of some open source (free) shopping cart software and so far I'm really happy with it. Be gentle, I've only been working on it for about 6 hours.

Here it is:

http://uniquesigns.org/store/

Let me know what you think! As for the banner at the top, I'm still learning my way around photoshop, so its a work in progress ;D

is it legal to sell those corporate logos, and other copy written material? just curious. ;D

bb

thats what i am wondering... did you get their permission? and if so how did or do you do that?

bb

I have been trying zen cart, oscommerce, and Agora today and I just can't do it.  I usually can figure that stuff out.  But not today. 

I have an external paypal program that I have been messing with the last few weeks.  Its very basic and I haven't put anything online yet.  So I really don't know what its going to look like.

ive switched thing up a bit, zencart store is coming down, magento store is going up... the magento software is much more complex and harder to work with, but it offers limitless possibilities for integration, product types, etc...

demo link is here

http://www.uniquesigns.org/store2

Great job! really... did you use a template??, it looks that good!! its base is the same as mine, oscommerce

Did you get all of the payment stuff working?? I am having a problem with mine..

Mine is hosted here at my house and I still have to get the bugs out and products in, but...

]

http://www.groovydecals.com

then click on storefront..

Wayne

Guess I should have read further before posting, it looks like oscommerce...

to install oscommerce you need to install and run myphpadmin and mysql..

PM me if you need help...

Wayne

Yeah, I know, I was just mentioning it for MattS' benefit, it seemed like he was trying to do it at home :)

Wayne