Sign in to follow this  
Ruttenit

Help with logo

Pretty much going to lose the inner, convex area of the "T" and did you want the white stroke outside the green?

Are you looking for instructions on how and what software do you have/use?

That's fine I understand that I will loos the convex on the T. Just solid color letters no need in the white. I am running sign blazer I was hoping that someone on here could change it to an ai file so I can cut it out for yard signs.

Would be best to recreate it rather than vectorizing it, what fonts were used?

I have no idea what the name of the fonts. I paid a graphics designer to design it with a bunch of other stuff

The main font looks to be "Tiffany"... not a freebie.

Actually, that font is included with Signblazer

Mopar's right about working on vectoring... there's nothing too hard about what you're asking.

In light of all that, here's a quick trace to get you started. Now that it's in a vector format,

Open it up in Illustrator, SignBlazer, or Inkscape and work on tightening it up.

TreadStone.ai

TreadStone.svg

And here it is recreated from scratch. The fonts are "Tiffany" and "Impact" both of which are in Signblazer.

I tried to get it as close as I could.

Vectorizing text doesn't turn out well, and you have to do lots of node editing to get it to look good.

post-4069-0-94481200-1372118506_thumb.jp

treadstone_exteriors_logo.EPS

• Like 1

Much better than new, Mopar...  Looks like I'm gonna have to install SignBlazer and fimiliarize myself with it...

Haven't not done so up to now cause 1) I didn't need it for any thing and

2) concerns about it causing conflicts with my Sign Cut. (which has worked flawlessly since day one)

But I'm sure you spent less time from scratch than I did with trace... and I just loathe inefficiency. :)

• Like 1

Wasn't "Tread Stone" the name of the brainwashed assassins project from the Bourne movie series?

• Like 1

Thought bout that soon as I saw the logo... Like the trilogy but the last one (without Matt Damon ) was a let down.

Find a matching font every time you recreate something to cut out or you will need to do a lot of node editing to get it right. I think the fonts included with Signblazer are great and there are tons of others available on the net. For this Logo I wouldn't vectorize any of it.