Sign in to follow this  
mabscotthandyman

bad storm

Did any of you get any of the big storm that came through the SE last night ? I went out on my covered deck and was getting wet near the door 16 ft back. My lower yard looks like a lake this morning . I have had a time keeping my 3 year old great grandson in he has wanted to go play in it . Two of my shops had water run in under the garage doors . It will take at least a couple days to clean up.

We got 1 3/4 inches in about 3 hours or so. But we live in nearly 100% sand, so we are pretty dry by now. We also had a bit of wind, around midnight, but nothing serious! Hope everything works out for ya!

Aw Scott,

Let the kid go play inda mud.....  spoilsport...!!!!!  ;D

J

Aw Scott,

Let the kid go play inda mud.....  spoilsport...!!!!!  ;D

Was afraid he would drown lol it was actualy like a lake. I haven't seen the amounts but I would guess 2 to 3 inches in a short time then rain again this morning . The mountains that keep a lot of bad storms out also impede them when they get in here holding them almost stationary and can get us good . Same way during the winter with snow

Two or three inches is considered a drizzle here  ;D

Two or three inches is considered a drizzle here  ;D

Yeah I know I lived in Orlando in the 60s my wife and i would walk to a park with a lake Lake eola I belive was the name. any way it was about a mile from our apartment more than once we left with beautiful blue skys and end up in a cloud burst. One time I rembember we got in a phone booth to get out of the rain the water rose to our ankles in no time then as soon as it started it stopped and got hot as hell and all the water was gone in a matter of minutes

5" at my store last Sunday in about 2 hours. Flooded everybody on the other side of the railroad tracks.

5" at my store last Sunday in about 2 hours. Flooded everybody on the other side of the railroad tracks.

I live in a little valley and I now have most of my neighbors gravel driveway in my side yard and someones childs swimming pool. My next door neighbor above me on the hill had the gravel wash out around his car wheels and set the frame on the ground. In my area you either live on the hill or in a valley so hard rains usaly get you one way or other

I'd rather have 5" of rain than 12" of snow any day. Guess that's why I moved south. And the gravel just means less lawn to mow :rolleyes:

• Like 1

the bad part in the mountains we get it all. but in the middle of the summer when it is 95 in the shade in some places we will be in the upper 70s to low 80s...........damn its hot today lol. this is home and i would not trade for anywhere i have lived before i guess the only moving will be them moving my dead arse out of here some day.

I miss where I grew up but it's changes so much in the 9 years I've been gone I would never go back. However I'm starting to think about moving to a more rural location than where I'm at now but no so far as to mess with my store.

Our little town is about 1700 people almost no crime . Almost like living in the country in town. This place I live has been in the family for over 60 years and was built in 1902. After I decided to move in I started to rebuild this old house and it has been a pain.

I just happen to live amongst a couple of crack dealers and with that comes crackheads and thieves. I think I've had about enough of this crap.

Mostly older people in our neighborhood. Had a sex offender move in up the street just a talk with the mayor and he contacted the state police and low and behold he had not registered and off to jail he went.

I can't get the F*&%^&$*( police to do anything not even a random patrol. Wonder why I pay taxes sometimes. They keep telling me it would be better to handle it myself but none of them has offered attorney's fees for when I handle it.

I'd rather have 5" of rain than 12" of snow

Oh I miss the snows of New York...

post-2057-0-55025000-1371613863_thumb.jp

I can watch it on the news whenever I miss it. Always looks prettier on tv anyways

I wish we got either one. It hasnt rained here in a year!

Yeah I have seen the footage on the news about the drought and all the wildfires in the south west