Sign in to follow this  
canuck1

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking around here for a while now and figured it was time to say hello. This is a great forum and I have picked up a lot of information from the very knowledgeable people that post here.

I have wanted a vinyl cutter for very long time but never could seem to come up with cash to purchase one. Every time I would save up some money, something would come up and I would have to spend it. About a month ago I managed to save enough to buy a cameo. I went out and bought it before the money had to be spent on something else. I would have liked to have gotten a bigger cutter but bigger means more money which means longer to save.

Anyway, for now this basically a hobby for me. I have not had any jobs. Everything I have cut so far has been for my own use and basically just decorations for random objects.

I would like to work towards building up a decent home based business but realize I have a long way to go before that even starts to happen.

Thanks for providing such a great forum and thanks to all the people who contribute. Speaking as a guy who is starting at the bottom this forum is priceless!

Paul.

Hello and welcome Paul that was the very reason US Cutter started this forum to help people new to vinyl cutting learn from others that started out the same way with no or limited knowledge about cutters . There are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people on the forum . Again welcome and good luck .

Dan

Welcome from SE Florida. I started with a MH-365 cutter, upgraded to a used MH-721, and made enough to purchase a Graphtic ce-5000-60. The more you do, the more you learn, the more you earn.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Welcome....  I too am a hobbyist type...  Just need to know enough to do specialty things for myself and others.

Welcome!  I also got into this as a hobby but already started making a few (And I mean very few ;)) Dollars making some decals for several buddies and their Internet groups.  My best advice would be to buy some business card stock for your printer and print up some cards to hand out with contact info such as cell #, Website and email addy.  I've passed several out sitting in traffic waiting at the light (I have decals on both sides and rear window of vehicle and it's like having a 'rolling catalog').  I usually get someone asking me where I got the decals and this is faster and easier than shouting out your cell # while the light turns green.  I haven't made one of my website yet due to searching for a decent free hosting site.  (Another reason I print out business cards as I need them.)

Good luck and looking to hear good news from ya in the future.