Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

How do you?

In the attached file (U.S. Flag) the white stripes are actually not there.  They are actually going to be what ever color the background you are applying to will be.  I want them to be white so I can put them this on a navy background.  What would be the best way to close up that area an make it white?  Not looking for it to be done for me,  I would just like to know how to attack it so I can do it my self.  Thanks in advance.

WAVVY USA FLAG.eps

QUOTE> "Not looking for it to be done for me,  I would just like to know how to attack it so I can do it myself."<

That depends on the software you're using... it's gonna be a little different with each.

The general principle is to gather those areas of while and create another mask, layer, or scan for that color vinyl.

hey dakota, the wireframe on that looks terrible.  Did you just try and copy the red, move it to the white area and change it's color to white?  Originally I just cut the red stripes twice.  Once in white and once in red figuring I could go that route but they do not line up properly.

That depends on the software you're using... it's gonna be a little different with each.

The general principle is to gather those areas of while and create another mask, layer, or scan for that color vinyl.

I am using Corel x3 and signblazer.  I have SCALP but don't use it.

no actually tried doing while doing a printing job - put a white behind it and removed overlap -  - 

where I went wrong was appempting to clean up the ends in a hurry - this was the first one before I did the quick cleanup - still not right though - but it shows where I went wrong

WAVVY USA FLAG.eps

I also considered just doing a white behind it the size of the overall graphic.  That way you could just cut the stars out of the blue and you would have the white behind it.  

here it is with the ends clipped - the problem with the first one was the white  was clipped short and I extended them - throwing it way off - next one shows it as it was before I extended (destroying the integrity) last one is clipped so they all line up.   I am sure there are more ways to do this as there is usually 3 ways to accomplish anything - I just was trying to hurry and didn't answer the question at that.   Trying to get a print job ready to go out tommorrow that is on a tight deadline.

WAVVY USA FLAG.eps

I understand dakota.  I appreciate you taking the time to still try and help people even when you don't really have the time.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I would go with the full white background idea myself. Just draw a rectangle and manipulate top and bottom with node edit or envelope, I think that's what it's called but don't have corel on this computer.

Thanks Jay, that is probably what I would have ended up doing on my own.  I just thought there might be a better faster way. 

Here it is without the full white under-layer... (not stacked)

what are the gaps between the colors?

I'm not seeing gaps in signcut... hang on, I can adjust that.

look at my last one - no gams no overlap - even though if I was doing it I would want a full white layer on back

Zoom in

Right Dakota... wouldn't have to contend with any gap with a full layer of white underneath.

Just the same, here is my original, with the gaps fairly tight.

WAVVY USA FLAG.eps