Sign in to follow this  
bombora007

Where is the US Cutter "Model SC Plotter" section? Why does this machine advance 12" before every cut?

This machine is far better than my PCut, by a long way. However, every time I cut, even if I back the vinyl all the way back to the blade, it skips forward over a foot before it starts to cut. Im wasting quite a bit of vinyl with this thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

What cutting software are you using with it? Sounds like a software settings problem than with the plotter.

For SignCut pro under the scissors icon (cut),

Advanced Settings tab> Lead-in length. Mine's set to zero.

Was it always doing this or has something changed?

If using sure cuts make sure it's set to origin not wysiwyg

I know of someone else who had that same problem with  their SC, and he was using Flexistarter 10.. He had to keep hitting the reset button to get it to start right.  He never could fix the problem.  Then the motor board went out and he went to a Roland and never looked back..

What is wrong with the Pcut.?  Did you purchase new?   Maybe needs dialed in...

I guess that would help, to know what software, sorry for not including that part, it is Sure Cuts a Lot...

Jaybird, that is what its set to, I will try that!

Thanks

Origin should start where your blade is set on the vinyl, wysiwyg cuts based on where you design on the mat in sure cuts. Let us know if it works so others will know as well.

I believe that the SC is included within the "REFINE" series of cutters, and questions are handled there (Support requests or Discussions).

However, as indicated above, this appears to be something resolved by changing a software setting.