Sign in to follow this  
.:eMETAL:.

another "I need help vectorizing" thread

Been reading and reading and trying watch some of the vids but unfortunately they no longer are valid urls.  

Can anyone help me vectorize my father's shop logo?  I had a sign shop make me the main sign for his shop but now I have purchased a cutter to start doing some stuff on the side and have been doing pretty well with everything but this  :(  it's just not coming out clean for me... appears to have tons of layers?

Any help is greatly appreciated, trying to be a sponge here and read before adding clutter to the threads.

post-42056-0-80397200-1369263831_thumb.j

Text doesn't normally turn out that great when vectorized. Do you know the names of the fonts that were used? It would be best to vectorize just the gear and

then add the text from scratch.

yeah the main font is Gadget and the smaller is Katerina (got it from abstractfonts.com on PC but can't download it on my MAC for some reason)

nice skarekrow!  many thanks!  still trying to get the hang of this.  like I said I've been able to cut pretty much everything but this and I designed the damn thing last year.  LOL!  New computer had me resulting in a jpeg file I got back from a sign guy I had cut the big sign on my father's shop.  Just seems messy.

I'll keep working with the svg file you started for me!  again, thank you!

Just a little time adjusting a few nodes will tighten it right up... and you are welcome!