Sign in to follow this  
JmyHny

Sure Cuts A Lot Question

I am new to this.  On some images when I trace them there is a box around the actual image.  Someone told me that they can be deleted using ungroup.  Can anyone explain to me how exactly to do this?

On most (I think all) of the files in SCALP even the ones you bring in from an alternate design source there is basically an uncolored layer or box around the image(s) It may be considered white I haven't looked that hard. Anyway, if you first select your artwork and then pull down the object menu and select ungroup it will open up that image to modifications. You can then select the outer square and just push delete or even backspace I think and it will go away. Bear in mind that all your other images (if there are more than one such as letters etc.) are all in an ungrouped form at this point so you may want to highlight them all and regroup but that up to you. You will find that there is still a "bounding box" around any artwork that you select. I don't know if there is a way to get rid of the bounding box or not. I use a different design program for drawing so I am not 100% up to speed. In Illustrator you can choose not to have the bounding box at all which I greatly prefer but I have not seen any options to drop that out in SCALP or (Inkscapefor that matter).

Thanks for the help.  I got the box deleted from around the image but I can't seem to get the whole thing grouped back together.  When I have it selected the option to group is grayed out.  

Once you have the box removed, you can go to Edit, select all, and then Object, and group... that should work for ya.

Once you have the box removed, you can go to Edit, select all, and then Object, and group... that should work for ya.

Thank you so much for your help! 

• Like 1