When I weed the stickers I cut some of the lettering does not cut all the way through. The letter I with a dot on top is a good example.

My question is, is this due to a low budget cutter or am I missing settings somewhere? I am using a MH 871 cutter if that helps.

Thanks

try blade offset setting in SCALP. comes factory set at .30 and I found I needed to set it at .25 as most recommend on here.

Does anyone know the blade offset for SIgn Cut Pro? I use both SCAL and Sign Cut but for all my older stuff i use Sign Cut as not to have to redesign. I have had same problem with Signcut also.

It is the same in any cutting software.  Roland blades are 0.25mm as a starting point, but you must do test cuts with your machine to cut correctly. You may have to alter it a bit + or -   The same machine  model may vary a little bit from machine to machine.  Most of the value cutters use Roland blades.

So that's my issue dang nab it all this time trying to inure this out and I never looked on the forum (not smart alert for me).

So that's my issue dang nab it all this time trying to inure this out and I never looked on the forum (not smart alert for me).

What are you referring to? 

try blade offset setting in SCALP. comes factory set at .30 and I found I needed to set it at .25 as most recommend on here.

Referring to that it changed it.

Referring to that it changed it.

ok,  got it...  0.25mm is only a starting point, you may need to adjust it even more.

Mz skeeter don't tell me that oh the horror lol.

I'm just saying, if it does not weed good and your test cuts are not perfect, you may need to adjust it.  Oh,,,  don't be afraid....   :huh:

adjust your blade offset so the corners come our correctly and then leave it alone - this is the whole purpose of the offset adjustment.

this should be done when changing blades of setting up any new cutter

post-2742-0-48059400-1369066813_thumb.pn

Be afraid... Be very afraid... Offset is the enemy in my shop

Be afraid... Be very afraid... Offset is the enemy in my shop

shouldn't be now that you got away from using SC_#P

I've still got an ever so slight offset issue but I think I'm the only 1 who can tell around here. Everything zeroed out and really need just the slightest negative setting to be perfect. But way better than it was in scalp.

Jay

I'm afraid, every time I mess with something I make it worse before I make it better.

polyester-die-cut.jpgDie cut give it to someone else to weed lol.

who actually makes dies these days unless it is for 1000's of decals

yes sir- die cut with a plotter ranks right up there with clip vs magazine - there is a difference