arcticmonster

recreate this in Corel help.

Someone sent me this.   I am trying to recreate it in Corel, so I can work with it.

I got it very close, but there's extra cutting lines.

Tried to remove them, but somehow, the nodes are not showing up. 

I did turn on the option to track nodes, change text to curve etc...

Any help would be appreciated.

post-25326-0-14383300-1367928664.txt

I suppose i could just vectorize this one instead of recreating it. but that would be too easy and not a great way to learn.

Are you talking about extra cut lines, where the letters meet? Got to 'weld' any kind of script font. 

Trying to WELD, it's not working like I want it too. Here's what I have so far.  hard to get the right shadowing, etc.

I am not working with Illustrator.  it's corel x5..   It wouldn't let me upload svg or cdr.   I loaded an AI file.

thanks.

MariaDelRae.ai

convert your text to curves then send to me....... once you type the original text, weld then do your drop shadow. That process may be easier.

I don't have whatever font you used, so this won't be exact, but it will show you how to do it:

Type your text and set the color to blue

post-24492-0-34068900-1367975369_thumb.j

Select your text and select Edit > Copy followed by Edit > Paste (or use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) to past a duplicate of the text on top of itself.  Change the color to orange

post-24492-0-52837300-1367975370_thumb.j

Select the orange text and move it behind the blue text (Arrange > Order > To Back of Page, or Ctrl-End) and then use the cursor keys to move it down and to the right

post-24492-0-72194600-1367975371_thumb.j

Once you get the orange text positioned where you want it, select the blue text and apply a thin white outside contour  (Effects > Contour or Ctrl-F9)

post-24492-0-14691600-1367975373_thumb.j

Adjust the thickness of the contour to get the look you're after, then select Arrange> Break Contour Curve Apart.  Then select the white curve and the orange text and select Arrange > Shaping > Back Minus Front to subtract the white curve leaving the orange text chopped up into the little pieces that you see in the final image.

Voila!

• Like 1

I did that and it helps in Corel but in SIGNCUT it's back with the odd lines.     I may have to give this one up

I just had the same problem a few weeks ago. You need to combine the entire image and then use break curve apart.