jaybyrd

small cut

Lifting is usually too much blade or wrong blade type. You really need 60' blade for detail work and if lifting try less blade more pressure.

Lifting is usually too much blade or wrong blade type. You really need 60' blade for detail work and if lifting try less blade more pressure.

Trying this.  Watched many videos and think the blade is set correct but may be due to type of OEM blade.  I was able to cut a skull last night at .2" square after many changes.  :rolleyes:   Seems like there is also an issue depending on the vinyl I use.  Will try all again after I get the new blade.  Appreciate the responses.

Every vinyl acts different even same brand different color. I've been doing this for about 5 years and just figured out my blade setup this year so it can be confusing.

Yeah Im using 60 degree blades, and as little blade as possible and 25g pressure. Just switched to Cleancut blades and really impressed. That pic was with the OEM 60 degree blade that came from USCutter

Trying this.  Watched many videos and think the blade is set correct but may be due to type of OEM blade.  I was able to cut a skull last night at .2" square after many changes.  :rolleyes:   Seems like there is also an issue depending on the vinyl I use.  Will try all again after I get the new blade.  Appreciate the responses.

just so it isn't the usc staff video telling you to use 1/2 a credit card with LOL

I just read the 1/2 credit card somewhere else I think signwarehouse when I was looking for a driver. Had to laugh

just so it isn't the usc staff video telling you to use 1/2 a credit card with LOL

Yeah, that is what I am using.  What would the suggested setting for the blade?

Is there a way to get that 1/2 credit card removed permanently since it causes way more issues for newbies than anything else I've seen.

I put it so I can just barely see the tip up close then start making circles by hand on scrap pieces till It only cuts vinyl and leaves a slight indention on backing paper. Once I have that 3 times in a row, I put it in the cutter and go

Is there a way to get that 1/2 credit card removed permanently since it causes way more issues for newbies than anything else I've seen.

someone that cared would have to actually re make the videos with the error in them  . . . . 

Nevermind that answers the question.

Just wanted y'all to know....I LOVE YOU GUYS/GALS!!!!!!  Got the cleancut blades in yesterday and was cutting things that I could not even consider before!  IMHO...if USCutter would include these blades, they would get better response from newbies!  I only wish I would have known about these a long time ago.

Thanks again to everyone that directed me to these wonderful blades!

Uscutter should be on the phone to try and be an authorized distributor or something along those lines, I place 2 to 3 orders a week through Uscutter and it would be convenient to just add to my order when I need 1 because nothing lasts forever,

• Like 2

usc was working on selling them a while back and things fell thru - on including them with the new cutters it will never happen as the price has to be the absolute lowest to get people into the value cutters - once they get them hooded then they resell on quality like graphtec -twice sold

I was surprised to see the higher dollar equipment uscutter is offering but then again I was surprised to see the lower quality equipment signwarehouse is selling Guess the market is starting to even out.

the biggest difference is this forum creates a lot of sales opertunities - epecially when searching on google.  a nice cutter similar to a gcc expert 24 lx would be nice if they had it

I noticed whenever I google for some info vinyl related this place is always on top sometimes the top 2 or 3. Forum is definitetly good marketing strategy.

As a way to say thanks for the blade help, I am enclosing one of my latest designs.  I cut a few different sizes and put on the windshield of my jeep in different colors.  Whole new meaning to bug splat on the windshield.

Splatvwbug.SBD

post-39497-0-84543600-1368548509_thumb.j