Sign in to follow this  
signnewbie

diag line through work

hello!

i bought a mh871 off ebay and the guy at us cutter set it up for me via the web - everything has worked great since until today I was notified of an update when I started up scal - so I updated and now the cutter draws a diagonal line through the work, 

any help would be great

dont know if this might help, but when I cut a shape in scalp itself, it doesnt cut a diag line, but when I trace a new image in, it does

well sounds like it is activated- now someone that is familiar with scalp needs to jump in

after each set of cuts reboot cutter. Mine did that as well as stop half way through a job. Believe its  a memory issue int he cutter. As long as I reboot cutter after each set of cuts, its fine. Also adding a keyspan helped me be able to send more info to cutter at a time without it cutting a line through work, or stopping.

• Like 1

yeah its most likely a memory issue with the cutter and as states just make sure to reboot the cutter after ever cut and in scalp i will sometimes to go path and optimize the image some and it will reduce the unneeded nodes automatically and help clean up the cut