SignJunky

Overlapping Application tape on printed Vinyl

Is there any cons for overlapping application tape on printed vinyl? I'm fixing to run out of my wide roll of app tape and waswondering if I could get by with using my shorter roll, but just applying it and overlapping in the center..... I've never had to do it before and was just wondering if there is any tips, tricks, or things to watch out for....... do you guys use this method often with great results for the customer when they get ready to apply to their substrate?

Bubbles tend to form where tape overlaps. Almost always becomes a problem during install.

Jay

I've also had it leave a crease or line in the vinyl right where the app tape overlaps along with the bubbles.

ok, so if possible, do not use that method..... lucky me, I won't have to try it because my roll was delivered today.

Yeah definitely don't want to try that if you don't have to. Trust us we speak from bad experiences.

Jay

What I've noticed is when you remove the top layer it wants to pull the vinyl loose from your substrate (whatever you're applying it to). Sometimes it's bad enough there is a considerable noticeable wrinkle all the way across. Lucky for me I'm primarily dong etched mirrors so it's not even a slight problem.

I have only had 15" app tape & cut 23" stuff all the time . I have had no problems . I have only used medium tack , but am going to try high tack .