Sign in to follow this  
NAFLAH

Machine for resharpening vinyl cutter blade

chinese blades are available from usc, ebay, etc - most non oem roland and graphtec are chinese you will find except the cleancuts

• Like 1

chinese blades are available from usc, ebay, etc - most non oem roland and graphtec are oem you will find except the cleancuts

And any money you think you're saving by buying Chinese (or other country of manufacture, I'm not bashing the Chinese here) or other cheap blades will be more than offset by the vinyl and time wasted using them vs. paying the few dollars extra for CleanCut Blades.  They're only $16.50* each for a Graphtec or Roland compatible blade, and they last longer and cut better.  I could tell a distinct improvement when I upgraded from my original Graphtec blade to a CleanCut Blade and an original OEM Graphtec blade costs more than 2x as much at $35.75 (they come packed 2 for $71.50)!

*$16.50 is suggested retail - call them up and tell them you found them through the forums for a discounted price.  If you order five or more, you can also get a 20% discount on the price - not sure if that combines with the forum discount or not (probably not).

I do not like clean cut blades as they don't last any longer than the cheap blades as I cut 99.99% glitter heat press vinyl, my supplier does not carry them anymore, that is why I am asking for them. thanks. Thanks for the references. Money is no object.

Although I'm sure it's technically possible to resharpen them, they are so small that you won't be able to resharpen them very many times before there is nothing left of them.

They do make speciality devices for sharpening tiny blades for medical equipment, etc., but I've never seen one that was "affordable" - you're going to have to go through thousands, or tens of thousands of blades before you see any sort of cost savings.

If you do find a solution, please let us know.

with the precision needed to get the right angle - this is the craziest thread I have eaver read - think about it even the slight wear from use can change the blade enought to require offset changes in the cheaper blades.  The machine that would be required to grind carbide to the tollerances needed for this and the skill to do so would be crazy hard to do.  I get up to a years use out of a cleancut blade then switch it to my metallics/reflective holder for another year - how much cheaper does it get for the amount of vinyl put thru.   :-\ 

Yeah I just ordered some clean cut blades and couldnt have been easier. Great guy to deal with and real personable.

and remember to mention the forum for a discount!  he is very knowlegable and also now has cheaper blade holders to go with them - with very good bearings to go with the great blades.

now has cheaper blade holders to go with them - with very good bearings to go with the great blades.

What?  When did that start?  I just ordered a generic one off of ebay not an hour ago for cutting rhinestone templates... :-\

What?  When did that start?  I just ordered a generic one off of ebay not an hour ago for cutting rhinestone templates... :-\

he has only had them a very short time - he mentioned it at VF a couple of months ago I think.