Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

A "how to" question

How would one go about altering a font to keep the top of a word straight but make the bottom follow a curve?  By doing this it will also make the outer most letters taller.  Does that make sense?  I have SCALP (that I don't want to use)  I also have corel 3 and SignBlazer to work with.

Thanks for any input

Thanks Dakota, I have never used that.  I will play around with it and see where I get.  At least I now know I will be using the right tool!

+1 on envelope tool. Practice it and it will be your friend. I still half suck with it but it will do what you need.

Jay

Took a few minutes to figure it out but that did the trick.  Just what I needed.  I wish you had posted a little quicker mb20, it appears signblazer would have been way easier!  

Thank you so much everyone for jumping in so fast and helping out!

Took a few minutes to figure it out but that did the trick.  Just what I needed.  I wish you had posted a little quicker mb20, it appears signblazer would have been way easier!  

Thank you so much everyone for jumping in so fast and helping out!

No problem. Sorry I didn't reply to the question sooner, I mean geez it was 13 minutes after you made this thread.

• Like 1

No problem. Sorry I didn't reply to the question sooner, I mean geez it was 13 minutes after you made this thread.

LOL, I know right!  Well when you wife comes home (late to start with) with an arm full of sweatshirts and says "Hey I got you a bunch of work to do"  (a big smile on my face) then adds "but she wants them in the morning"      You don't really waste a lot of time jumping in!!

How would one go about altering a font to keep the top of a word straight but make the bottom follow a curve?  By doing this it will also make the outer most letters taller.  Does that make sense?  I have SCALP (that I don't want to use)  I also have corel 3 and SignBlazer to work with.

Thanks for any input

Minor nitpick -----

The demonstration on mb20music's Jing video (SB Arch tool) actually made the outermost letters smaller, not taller.

Instead of dragging the Arch midpoint down, it can be pushed up, and the result will be what xpaperman is seeking.

I've never used that tool before, and now it's going into my Bag of Tricks.

felix.gif

post-21408-0-24929300-1366350928_thumb.j

That's why I like SignBlazer. It may be an old dated interface and not supported but you can do a lot with it. And it's free.