BobbyD1120

How to remove overcut/intersections with script fonts in corel??

Hello

I do alot of wall graphics and often use script fonts.  The issue is that with script fonts there is an interection/overlap where the letters meet.  I have had to manually go in and convert the text to curves and breaking apart the curve and removing ever place where the letters overlap.  However this is VERY time consuming especially on larger designs.  I figure there has to be a easier way to do this.  Can anyone please let me how to do this??  Ive attached a sample design that Im working on that I have not yet removed the intersecting letters.  Here is screenshot of what Im talking about.  For some reason I could not attach the cdr file.  

post-26027-0-55083500-1366079898_thumb.j

I use Cutting Master 2 plug in for Corel to cut with.  I have a GraphTec CE5000-60  cutter.  

then the weld would be in your design software

WOW!!! I just found the "Auto-weld" option in Cutting Master and IT WORKS!!! I can't believe I didnt know about this before!  THANK YOU!! You just saved me HOURS of editing!!! :-)

WOW!!! I just found the "Auto-weld" option in Cutting Master and IT WORKS!!! I can't believe I didnt know about this before!  THANK YOU!! You just saved me HOURS of editing!!! :-)

Great glad you got it...  I hope your loving your Graphtec...

After converting your text to curves, select all the letters and go to the Arrange menu, from there select Shaping > Weld and it will join all the shapes together and remove the little overlaps.

This is nice if you plan to export your work to EPS and use it in another cutting program, or you want to share the image with someone who doesn't have the totally awesome Cutting Master 2 plugin.

I leave the Auto-weld box checked in CM2 for those instances where I forget to do it in CorelDraw.

After converting your text to curves, select all the letters and go to the Arrange menu, from there select Shaping > Weld and it will join all the shapes together and remove the little overlaps.

This is nice if you plan to export your work to EPS and use it in another cutting program, or you want to share the image with someone who doesn't have the totally awesome Cutting Master 2 plugin.

I leave the Auto-weld box checked in CM2 for those instances where I forget to do it in CorelDraw.

Thank you all so VERY much!!  I just used the weld option in Corel and this is so dang simple.  I will for sure keep the weld option selected in CM2 as well in case I forget to do it in Corel.  Wish I would have known about this months ago. I could have saved countless hours editing designs.  Guess its my own fault since I never asked before now :-)  

Yup the weld toon is great I even forgot bout it I'm so use to just relating the image in CDR and creating the fonts in the cutting program like silhouette studio and now scalp.