Sign in to follow this  
rdusigns

How do you do this?

having trouble with this,

trying to make this

hf1.jpg:

how do I cut the little black outline and then the white fill?

Usually the black is cut and applied first and then the white is cut and applied over the black.  I don't use Scal Pro 3 but in Flexi I would spell out the words (white) and then ad an outline (black)

What does the SCALPRO "Help" feature say about creating Outlines? 

BTW, if the substrate is white material, then all you'll need is the outline.

heres the file for that design and i have it separated for you into a black and a white layer. i didnt add any registration marks for the layering part i figured i would let you add them how ever you wanted them. 

haganas farms.scut3.zip

Teach a man to fish for himself, he'll have food for the rest of his life.

Give a man a fish, he will eat today only.

• Like 1

having trouble with this,

trying to make this

hf1.jpg:

how do I cut the little black outline and then the white fill

The add shadow layer command is under the object menu at the top of the screen - or you can right click on the text and look under the appearance heading in the popup menu.  

The trick is to make the shadow layer and check the "Blackout Shadow" checkbox before clicking on OK to complete the operation.  Now you have a shadow layer that will form the black outline and also a base for the white letters to be applied on - no spaces inside the shadow outline.  You can add registration marks if you wish - but you should be able to eyeball tha alignment to center the white shapes inside the black shadow outlines.

• Like 1

all i did was take the image above and when i imported it i traced it as a 3 color image therefore it added a layer with all the fills and then went through and just separated them into sections and made sure the fill colors were correct and then moved the white letters on top of the black in the layers menu and did a cut view of both to make sure they were lined up correctly and right.

all i did was take the image above and when i imported it i traced it as a 3 color image therefore it added a layer with all the fills and then went through and just separated them into sections and made sure the fill colors were correct and then moved the white letters on top of the black in the layers menu and did a cut view of both to make sure they were lined up correctly and right.

tried this, couldnt make it work

The add shadow layer command is under the object menu at the top of the screen - or you can right click on the text and look under the appearance heading in the popup menu.  

The trick is to make the shadow layer and check the "Blackout Shadow" checkbox before clicking on OK to complete the operation.  Now you have a shadow layer that will form the black outline and also a base for the white letters to be applied on - no spaces inside the shadow outline.  You can add registration marks if you wish - but you should be able to eyeball tha alignment to center the white shapes inside the black shadow outlines.

almost got this to work, not sure what I was doing or NOT doing 

heres the file for that design and i have it separated for you into a black and a white layer. i didnt add any registration marks for the layering part i figured i would let you add them how ever you wanted them. 

I'll take the fish today - had to get the job out, it worked perfectly

could you tell me how you did this file please?

i just traced it into SCAL using 3 colors i believe then i went to the image and "break apart" and when through each layer and figured out if it was a black or a white layer and just created a additional folder and seperated all the layers out and then "merged" the image back to together so i could hide the black layer while i cut the white and then hide the white to cut the black. hope this makes some sense as its kind of tricky to explain in text.