Sign in to follow this  
joker

Decal plus workstation

I did this a few minutes ago for a lady. It is 8.5 inches tall and 2 feet long. This is a snapshot of where i do my work... You gotta love the pink vinyl...lol

post-35399-0-48457500-1364521040_thumb.j

post-35399-0-95275500-1364521171_thumb.j

I hear ya kissfan. You can't see it in the picture but there is another table to the left that my wife has all here craft stuff on so i have to cut and then weed on my kitchen table

It would be nice to have a clean space to work... mine is always messy. Weeded vinyl on floor, mostly

K5 I work in a fiberglass shop making pool filters. I have been leading a program called 5S which is a tool for lean manufacturing so i am bringing it home and doing it on mystuff here at the house

5S is a term used for lean manufacturing. You basically have 5 steps in your work area. You start with your Sort- which includes pull everything out. Then you go into a Shine- which includes cleaning the area or repainting and makinf it look nice. Then you go into Simplify- which is what goes back int he are, that means does it really need to be in the work area. Then you have Standardize- which is the step that you put everything in a place and label it and it becomes that tools home. The final step is Sustain- which is the most important part of the process. This step involves a control plan on how to keep the area looking neat and organized. For example if you use a tool then when your done with it it goes back into the desginated area that was created for it. Always think about point of use. So if you do vinyl and you have all your vinyl rolls in another room then your waisitng time. It is a great tool. It falls into the aspect of your silverware drawer. Everybody has that trya that separates all your silver ware right. So hope this gives you an understanding.