JasonR

Cutter dragging blade after cutting

My cutter will cut the object, then before it closes the last object, the blade stays down and cuts while it moves back to the origin.

Help!

It's still doing it. And its not cutting the lines perfectly straight, for example, I'm cutting a five point star, and it's very uneven and crooked.

please help!!

what software are you using, what is your operating system, How are you connected (usb, lpt, serial)

There could be numbers of problems, but if you can provide this info, it will help alot.

What ever setup you are using, (lpt, serial, usb) have to tried aan alternate method of hooking up your plotter?

I am on a mac, using the sign cut software.

I have the MH721 and am connected through USB.

I am on a laptop, so I don't have any other options to hook up.

;D oh... ouch.. mac... sorry, cant help you there.

There was another person on here in the mac board that had similar issues, you may want to look there for some help

I  am having the same problems, but Mine will cut large simple lettering with no problem, but if I try to layout a large job to save vinyl and cut a large 15" by 80" project with different letter and number fonts and art, the machine seems to get confused and in the middle of the project it will just start cutting a diagonal line through all of the art, and that is not right especially with vinyl prices the way they are. I am wondering what communications settings I need to set in the cutter. It won't screw up all the time and that is why I am confused. Is it the baud rate? Someone out there help Me please :-)

I run Win XP on a 2.4 Pentium 4 computer running Sign Cut X2 and I switched from the USB to the Serial Port and it did not help this problem. It seems that more complex art and lettering will not cut right and it starts screwing up at diffrent points in the project (I tried one piece of art 4 times and it failed differently every time) Should I switch to LPT and try that?

Thanks for your attention to this matter and I hope to hear from someone soon.

-Harold

For more complex art and lettering, try lowering the speed at which the blade cuts your project. I would suggest 12inches or lower to try and resolve.

Jason.

I have had this problem too. What I find is that all is well until I grab the completed vinyl and cut it away from the machine. Of course after that the natural action is to hit the origin button.

Well when my hand approches the machine , I believe that the static that was transfered to my body is discharged to the display or the screws just to the right of it. That is when the cutter goes down and stays there until I turn the machine off and then back on.

I'm sure the machine is grounded, and the surge protector is working, so this is the only thing I can think of. I have actually seen it happen.

Try this. Run your vinyl out, then hit origin, then cut it off. I'm thinking of getting a static strap for my wrist .

I haven't fixed the problem on the Mac, but I ran it on a PC and it works perfectly.