Sign in to follow this  
Pcrat

Just asked to do license plate for fire dept...

Ok so i have a few buddys at work, who are volunteer fireman. They know what I do, and told me that there local dept, is looking for New Plates/Tags for all the guys n girls who work there. They pretty much want it to look the same. its basically a Red stripe all the way around the plate, middle has Scottville Fire Dept and 2 fire dept logos on each top corner. they want them metal of course. no crappy plastic. 
Im leaning more twards .04 thick. .025 is pretty flimsly. i was wondering on a decent price for this... ballpark, 

Either Matt white, or glossy white plates, as theres are white background. 1 color RED.  

They want 7+ year vinyl, 

the 2 logos of course will be a weed fun day. the ladder, axe, etc all in it. Theres is unique so i have to scan his plate to get the logo off it too.

wacha think?

thanks guys

yeh - they are a local michigan supplier - more for sign material than plates but the plates have to be better than sw - thiers suck

Try talking them into sublimation plates way better I feel and I put their badge # on their helmet in the plate

post-2057-0-47871600-1363316642_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-72030600-1363316676_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Try talking them into sublimation plates way better I feel and I put their badge # on their helmet in the plate

sweet

And no weeding!

that would be nice. but they want it exactly the way it is. but gonna talk to him today. how much would u charge.

Well I wasn't really looking for the work,   or to steal your job, but a suggestion for you to consider sublimation ,  as someone said no weeding and with all the colors etc. they come out looking awesome.

I will give you a PM though...

I also have some other designs

post-2057-0-15018400-1363352446_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-82980500-1363352465_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-28920500-1363352857_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-52202900-1363352867_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Why would he want to do that when he doesn't have the equipment to do sublimation?

Because he has a heat press and all he has to do is get the transfers from me buy the sublimation plates and press

• Like 2

yea that's the route im gonna go, I got the press, and will buy the plates, and order how many prints i need from mr300s

• Like 1

You want regrets having them done with sublimation. The key is when pressing use a top and bottom cover sheet to take the access ink.

yep I got  a few teflon sheets. will do that, thanks

yep I got  a few teflon sheets. will do that, thanks

actually you want buther paper - the ink will gas and get on the teflon and re gas and get on your next item if you don't change it - the reason for the cover paper

Butcher paper or even none silicone baking sheets that's what I use. Something that will absorbed and just collect lip,e Dakota said Teflon will just trap it and re release it we heated.

another option I have used is old backer from sign vinyl or laminate as it is being thrown away anyways and it gets a second use!  seems I have a LOT of extra backer from lamination film now days LOL

Yeah I use butcher paper also that has worked the best.  Sam's sells a huge roll for $20.00