ericsch333

copy right question

can you sell stuff like hello kitty and tinker bell stickers how do you know if you are breaking any rules ?

Nope they are trademarked. You have to go to each company and ask for permission which usually costs you money. I know there's a lot of people on eBay doing it illegally, however I wouldnt with the fines etc.

I wanted to do some things that are trademarked I got knocked down by coca cola and the other one never replied back which gives me the feeling they don't care cause I'm such a small company and I have bought their product for a decade.

There are legal companies that go after copyrighted stuff on a commision it seems . 1 member had a person specifically ask for a De-Walk sticker & to have an itemized bill . A 95 cent decal cost Lara4labs at least $1K lawyer retainer . A VERY long thread in here about it ... it did have several tangents :) ( if you want to read it , search for De-Walt , Lara4labs ... it is 17 + pages from memory )

It's around there somewhere, I remember reading it a couple of weeks ago.  It ultimately is what helped my husband and I make the decision NOT to mess with copyrighted/trademarked material.  We were tossing around the idea of taking the risk, and after reading that thread- decided against it.  I know those items are popular, but there are so many other cool designs and ideas out there.  Not worth the risk!

Ang

Dang I typed DE-Walt and everything got to check it out.

DE-Walt  still won't take ya there.  Dewalt   is correct..