petroman2012

Some more for the flea market

A few more cuttings with the new LP II.....The skeleton is 12x6 and was a challenge to weed...The VW is 14X11..This is NOT the project to make 24" x 36", that one I will start this evening...Took the suggestion and went to Lowes(the only hardware within 25 miles)  and bought some Masonite brd and some 4 x 6 cheap plexi and cut my header for WHO i am and WHAT i am trying to sell if not spread out my biz cards at least, gonna cut loose my sports card and hess truck collection so I can put some working funds together as I want another LP II and teach the wife to operate the R-31's(oh yea) and let her operate them but keep her hands off my LP II...Have any of yall tried teach'in your spouse the hows and whats about vinyl from design to end result :huh: I tried letting her weed a couple today(oh yes) now she thinks thats all there is to developing a design from start to finish..NOT....

post-36467-0-68813000-1361144381_thumb.j

post-36467-0-79295000-1361144394_thumb.j

post-36467-0-35529500-1361144459_thumb.j

• Like 3

Trade ya...I will even pay for bus fare too..Just kidding...Mine(wife) is into Embroidery on high end machines and her's took a dump thursday so she's been "jones'ing" till she gets her machine back from repairs sooooo....

Soon my girlfriend will be learning how to design,cut,weed, and finish the product she just does not know that yet lol 

Appreciate that...Ordered some of that fancy do-da mat material and the tak tape recom'ed  by US Cutter for wall art as thats where I am going  with the VW design..Oracal 631 and HT55..Hopin I read the description right as thats what (I hope) what it was prescribe for....Unless I am off track as I didnt see any listing/post on these products sooooo.....

VECTOR victor! That SCAL is the cats butt and I am scronging dimes and pennies to get me another LP II, as I used to hear it on TV" Simply Marvelous"...Some cuts are a real task to weed but no pain-no gain...I am giving my wife the R-31's they are TI-99-4A 's compared to a REAL IBM for the cost mind you...I am beside myself when it comes to the LP II and the s/ware, I still use Corel(not as much) and CS2-3 butI wished someone had a Dummy book on SCAL or a cheat-sheet cause whoever puts it out will have hot dogs for along time, not a best seller but for those who use it might pay homage to it....My BIG volks is nothing like the smaller one, alot more detain so it will take me more than 15mins to weed it but it will look good....If you cant tell I LOVE this stuff or until I get bored with simple designs and find something to tax the brain....

Fine with me..Only issue I see is that many of yall's EPS is noded so to speak and I am using Illustrator CS3, now I know that means little to some but I have always worked under Photoshop, then went to Illustrator when I got my 1st cutter which came with R-31, lacking in vector conversatin, so bought Corel x6, happy with Raster to vector but tracing has been an issue.....Soooooooooooooo I will convert to illustrator but an earlier version or convert under Corel, what works for yall..I dont mean to be ignorant but I usually clean and create a layer in Photoshop, enlarge my sketch pad, go to either Illustrator or Corel to Rastor to vector and so on...So again what works for yall?

From within either Corel Draw or Illustrator you can save/export the vectors as .EPS files.

Illustrator:

1. From the File menu select Save (or Save As).
  2. Find the drop down box in the Save dialog labeled as "Save as type" and select "Illustrator EPS (*.EPS)" as the file type.
  3. Click Save

Corel Draw

1. From the File menu select Export
  2. Find the drop down box labeled as "Save as type" and select "EPS - Encapsulated Post Script"
  3. Click Export