motoxchic

Graphtec CE6000 anyone?

Upgrading decisions, decisions.   Has anyone tried the new CE6000 yet?  I am stuck between the CE5000 an d6000.  I do not need the bundle that comes with USC package.  The out of pocket price is $50 difference, I think I would rather put that money in the machine vs Corel (which I dont need), and all the transfer tape, vinyl etc.  BUT, I can always use the extras if I did choose the 5000.

As with most things new, there are usually bugs in software, etc to be worked out.  Just wondering if this could be one of those situations.  Do I go with the tried and true 5000 or take a chance with the latest and greatest.

Thanks for helping me think out loud :D

I can't say anything about the CE5000...........never had one.   But I just bought the CE6000 a few weeks ago to replace My Copam and I LOVE IT!!!!  I am sure the CE5000 is just as good. Lots of members on here have them and love them too.  I had that to decide when I went to buy mine and I figured for that little bit more I would go with the newer model.  Just a personal choice I guess.

• Like 1

I too never touched the 5000 but just got my 6000 a couple of weeks ago. It was literally plug and play on my mac, unlike the hours of setup for my pcut. I don't use any of that stuff uscutter was giving away with the 5000 and I'm the type that will pay a little extra to get the "latest and greatest". Honestly they are probably the same with some cosmetic changes... In fact I'm running the CE5000 drivers out of flexi and it works great.

I have only had the 5000 but would jump on the 6000 without hesitation if I was buying a new plotter

Ordered it today!  Cant wait to see the difference, I am sure it will be very Cadillac like :)

• Like 1

Ordered mine today to be delivered Tuesday...woohooooooo!!!  Got Flexistarter 10, too...anyone have any good (or bad) comments about this Flexi software?  Can it be compared to FlexiSign 8?

Ordered mine today to be delivered Tuesday...woohooooooo!!!  Got Flexistarter 10, too...anyone have any good (or bad) comments about this Flexi software?  Can it be compared to FlexiSign 8?

The flexi starter will be legal - just not as powerfull.  amazing how many people have flexisign when it cost 4K  LOL

Being delivered on Sat!  Oooooh the possibilities...

Sort of off topic, but I was looking at the Flexi add on...can someone in a nutshell explain what is great about Flexi (whichever version?) software?  Is it mostly for image design/editing? or printed vinyl?  Just curious on what I am missing out on, lol.  I use Illustrator/photoshop mostly and sign software just to cut.

Flexi starter is basically a cutting tool . Very limited design features . Flexi Pro or whatever the top Flexi is has all the bells & whistles & nobody argues about it being the best design & cut software . They have several steps in between . Price is the only issue :) . I bought Flexi Started & hardly used it . I started with InkScape & SignCut ( came packaged with my cutters ) , switched to SignBlazer when USC started packaging it & fell in love with it. SCALPro is very good , does not have all the bells & whistles YET , but give EdgeCraft some time :) . 1 thing that SCALPro has , that is a GREAT tool .. is weeding line options that allow you to add weeding lines anywhere Vertically or Horizontally & as many as you like . My advice is not to buy Flexi Starter unless you need Contour cutting in the software to do what you need ( primary printed stuff ) . SCALPro is the best bang for the buck & with having SignBlazer free to use the features that SCALPro does not have YET , nothing else is needed IMO .

Thanks for the explanation, that helps!  I feel like I am missing out on something, lol.  I think the Graphtec comes with its own software, curious to see how it works.  I have only used Signcut Pro (been pretty glitchy for me). 

The flexi starter will be legal - just not as powerfull.  amazing how many people have flexisign when it cost 4K  LOL

Yes, I laugh.   They have a cutter that cost $179.  and $4000 Flexisignpro8.1   Hmmmmm

I have used Flexistarter since 2006..  different versions.. up to Flexistarter10...I think it is very user friendly. It can import a lot more file formats than other cutting software. My first cutter came with Flexistarter 7.6  That is all I know.  I was able to find a GREAT deal on Flexidesigner10 this past year.  Both Combined,  I have Flexisignpro10 with out the RIP  for less than $225.00   and it is all legal.... ;D

• Like 1

LOL...I tried the trial of FlexiSign, but it wouldn't let me "really try it" since it won't cut...liked the user-friendliness, though.  Dang...I used to read posts by people that had FlexiSign Pro and think "whoa, they paid over $4000 for that?!"  So you're saying they're not legal copies...haha...pirates.

LOL...I tried the trial of FlexiSign, but it wouldn't let me "really try it" since it won't cut...liked the user-friendliness, though.  Dang...I used to read posts by people that had FlexiSign Pro and think "whoa, they paid over $4000 for that?!"  So you're saying they're not legal copies...haha...pirates.

Yeh there are a lot of people stealing things in this industry isn't there

Just got my 6000!  Woooohoooo!  And....now I have to go to work at my real job :'(      ***Update***   So I got home, set up the stand and cutter, installed the software (studio and cutmaster 3).  Did some test cuts, made adjustments...and OMG, this cutter is a dream come true.  It's fast, accurate, QUIET...it's everything I thought it would be.  I think I'm in love...haha

graphtec3

graphtec1

• Like 2