signz

Font Problem help please

Suddenly after using the plotter/cutter just one time the software won't let me choose italics on Times New Roman font. Any clue why?

I click on the font, click on italics, click on the text size and go to the screen. The font shows up on the screen without italics.

I tried highlighting the word and then clicking on font style (times new roman), italics and font size and that doesn't seem to help either.

Help?

Signz

I think the times new roman font comes in italic - expanded - condensed and a few other styles.But they are seperate fonts.Some fonts can't be changed by clicking  the italics.I think I have 5 or 6 times new roman fonts showing in my font folder.

It doesn't appear that any of the fonts on signcut allow me to put them in italics.  Any suggestions?  I can click on italics and it shows the sample font aabbcc as being italicized but the writing I want italicized doesn't come that way.

Signz

Signcut is not a design program.It's used for cutting.I have never tried working fonts out of signcut.I use flexisign or psp or photoshop,then send the final design to signcut.

Hi,

the text feature that SignCut-X2 offers is very basic.

The source code that this feature is built upon is actually ripped off right from a Microsoft example.

But it has some drawbacks because it acts differnetly dependiing on which Windows version it is running upon.

Therefore we had to disable some features and that is what you have experienced now.

We never aimed to make a design tool as that is such an incredible huge task, but that simple text-feature were implemented because the administration of the Swedich gouverment did ask for a simple solution to cut name-signs for the ministers doors.

So this was a quick and dirty job and they were actually pleased with what we offered :-)

So the text feature was never ment to be anything else than a simple tool for simple tasks and that is what it will stay as. Because why should people learn more than one software in order to create their designs. Most people use to never learn the whole ability of just one, so why create more options.

What we have done is what can be understood within 5 minutes, it could be convinient for some simple tasks, but there is barely no time to save compared to the use of an external layout software, so why should we implement more features. We will keep it small and simple, that is the idea about it.

As a matter it is not implemented anything like this in the Mac-version at all and that is about the only difference between the PC and Mac version.

We will keep it in the PC version because we are changing goverment and ministerns in this country now and then and we will not take the risk to make that administrtion angry as they may have influence on the taxes?  ;D ;D :D

the text feature that SignCut-X2 offers is very basic.

The source code that this feature is built upon is actually rpped right off from a Microsoft example.

Therefore we had to disable some features and that is what you have experienced now.

So this was a quick and dirty job to get that order and they were pleased with what we offered :-)

Wow... What a program!