dive

logo resize

I have coreldraw 3 .. I have a logo and when I import it and try to resize it , all the lines are distorted and the text get erased. Any ideas of have to do this.  

Thank you.

It does not sound from what you are saying. that it is a vector image.  It must be a vector image .  Are you sure it is?  not raster image  like jpeg.

You must vector it first.  Time to do your homework and schooling..  All that info has been written hundreds of times on this forum,  You need to take time and read and learn, it has also been written hundreds of times how to vector images. It is also shown on the main USCUTTER site,, under support..  Learn and practice all you can, before taking jobs. 

i tried to do it in bitmaps and thats when it gets distorted. 

Bitmap is not a vector image.  It is a raster image. like a jpeg,.. You need to vector the image.

And you will need a high resolution image to start with.   If you start with crap, you end with crap.

• Like 1

This is for a friends business so I can figure it out before I get any paying jobs . I figure I can learn on their things and make my mistakes. I will do some searching on this site. Thanks for the information

Your welcome, the best thing you can do is read and practice.  There is also tons of info on the web as well as youtube.com  

that is where it was getting distorted , I did learn more and played around with the different settings and still doesnt come out right.. Not sure what else to do besides trying to start from scrach with his logo. You may be right the original must be crap and he said it was done by a big company here in town. 

Start by vectoring simple black and white clip art images. Go to google, and do an image search for something you'd like, like a smiley face or a cartoon character  Something simple. My first image I converted was the punisher skull. I always liked it and it was simple to start with. I figured out the trace features and made my first sticker. Then you can work up to more complex multi color stickers. 

If you get hung up on something dont be affraid to ask for help but try to post what progress you have. 

We'll gladly help the willing, the beggars, not so much.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the best high resolution image to work with. Ive converted some very crappy pictures before. But when your starting out dont make it hard on yourself. 

If you would like to post up the image, we might be able to point you in the right direction. 

Here's one I've been trying to get right, and can't.  #Frustrating

What ends up happening is I get 2 small blotches where the watchtower is.

large_25ff35dd-6c51-4d68-883e-63be5fd6f9

Here's one I've been trying to get right, and can't.  #Frustrating

What ends up happening is I get 2 small blotches where the watchtower is.

The trick was to Google for a better version of the center graphic, trace that and then re-size it to fit...

post-24492-0-34672900-1362970778_thumb.j

POW-MIA Ribbon.eps

• Like 2