SlackTideGear

Need Pricing Help for a 4ft x20ft banner

Hello

I'm pretty new to pricing this stuff out - I have a client that wants a 4ft x 20ft vinyl banner with the text Furniture on it in black vinyl - I have been using thesignexpert.com price calculator for other stuff but this time the total looked high? it said $852.00 - is it just me or is that high? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated....

thanks,

michael

I would love to get $600 for a banner that size but around here it's not going to happen.

Here is what I normally do ---- I turn to this website, which offers a pricing schedule for FULL COLOR PRINTED banners, and I use that as a guide for my in-shop created cut-vinyl banners.

http://www.bigwidebanners.com

For instance, the 4x20 you are asking about will cost $160. (Price includes Free Ground Shipping)

I would probably ask a client in my store to pay $240 for that size.

(I'll make a design, upload it to the website, and wait a few days for it to be delivered -- profit $80 for a few mouse clicks, nothing more)

Also, here is some more competition, and notice the pricing they're advertising out there ---

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/3462590581.html

Depends on your market area. Plus thats a big banner. Out of my shop that size would be 440 hemmed and roped

Also, here is some more competition, and notice the pricing they're advertising out there --- http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/3462590581.html

I do not suggest pricing against any online pricing such as this. You are selling yourself and your craftsmanship. Not just a product. At them prices It would be cheaper and I would make more money to not even turn on the printer of the cutter.

Sell yourself and your business, not just the end product.

I do not suggest pricing against any online pricing such as this. You are selling yourself and your craftsmanship. Not just a product. At them prices It would be cheaper and I would make more money to not even turn on the printer of the cutter. Sell yourself and your business, not just the end product.

Craftsmanship?

This is a banner, not a work of art.

I will gladly provide a simple banner and take eighty bucks, for doing essentially NOTHING.

All I would do is type the word "FURNITURE" and have an online source send the finished product back to me in three days, and I pocket $80, well, that's just fine by me, thanks.

There's a WalMart and a STAPLES right down the street, and they are both now offering Printed Banners, too.

You think I should ignore them as competition?

• Like 1

Signmaking with a vinyl cutter essentially is 1980's technology.

It still works, of course, and I do signs daily for customers who turn to me for my abilities and capabilities.

However, this industry is turning more and more into the direction of Printing, and signs that are produced with a vinyl cutter aren't "keeping up with the Joneses"

I just sold a 4ft x 30ft banner for $800 bucks. Along with 2 4x8's for $480.... So in my opinion...id sell that size for at least $500 all day. Don't undercut yourself. If im gonna run a Graphics Shop, im not gonna order a banner and call it mine....but that's just me, whatever way you can make money tho...

-Logan

My shop is too small for it, and at a cost of over $130,000 it's way out of reach, but this thing is THE BOMB !!!

EQpr_MIMAKI_JF_1631_img01_L_tcm35-1131.jpg

My shop is too small for it, and at a cost of over $130,000 it's way out of reach, but this thing is THE BOMB !!! EQpr_MIMAKI_JF_1631_img01_L_tcm35-1131.jpg

I found one for sale for $23,000 that needed 4-6k worth of fixing to be made perfect! But, YOWSERS is all I gotta say...