Sign in to follow this  
VinylExposure

A few of my plates

Very nice work, Was it a wet or dry fit?

Thank you! Dry fit... I basically cut, weed & layer all of my vinyl & then I trim it into a circle to fit the shape of the plate. Then, to contour to the plate, I make stress cuts all the way around the edge (in between the words) & tape the whole decal where I want it. Then I cut the words around the edge off individually and apply them (like a puzzle) That way I can make minor adjustments if I don't get it squared up exactly around the plate. I go around the outside of the plate first & then I'm left with the center piece of the circle to do last. It's tedious but I've found it's the easiest, especially when working with several colors of vinyl.

• Like 1

Vinyl Exposure, where did you get the plates themselves from?those are cool, My wife loves them so now I have to make her 1.Thanks JP

Vinyl Exposure, where did you get the plates themselves from?those are cool, My wife loves them so now I have to make her 1.Thanks JP

Thanks!

In my first post, all of the plates (except the "Gray" platter with the green G) came from Pier 1. They don't offer the oval platter or the teal round platter anymore (I bought those last year).

Carved white charger , Amber mosaic charger

(The "Gray" platter was about $13 from Walmart. It's not on their site but they are in store)

In my second post, those came from Target's website HERE

Thanks for the reply, I have looked a couple places. The plates just weren't as nice as the ones you have. I will check out these-just what my wife needs, an excuse to go to target...Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I have looked a couple places. The plates just weren't as nice as the ones you have. I will check out these-just what my wife needs, an excuse to go to target...Thanks

LOL! You are a good husband to let your wife go to Target! I know that same temptation....the one where you want to buy everything in the store. HA!