vinylmotivations

eBay purchase of CorelDRAW X6

Just a friendly reminder to everyone- be mindful of what you purchase and order online as well as when you get it, be sure that it is LEGIT..

I recently picked up a copy of CorelDraw X6 on our favorite auction site, as there are lots available for affordable prices for "academic" use. I purchased one from someone that seems to sell alot of them and has high feedback ratings.

I got it, and it installed- and installed correctly. It works! right? NO>... logging into corel's website it tells me online content and updates ARE NOT available because my registration cannot be validated- Come to find out this seller has been selling copies with the SAME key for months!

I will upload pictures here in a bit- because this is a GREAT bootleg, down to being either an original corel DVD OR a custom ordered stamped and printed disc (it's not just burned...)

Corel is working with me on getting a LEGIT copy, for a price, and I am working with them on getting this sellers' info to them....

http://myworld.ebay....E:X:RTQ:US:1181

post-13895-0-47634700-1350426413.jpg

post-13895-0-93491000-1350426414.jpg

post-13895-0-44489700-1350426417.jpg

• Like 2

To begin with, I won't buy from any eBay seller with PRIVATE

feedback even if it's 100% like this sellers.

Second, if he has been selling the same keycode for months,

I would ask eBay why his feedback is 100%.

Has no one registered a complaint?

Has he found a way around the eBay system?

Something more is fishy here.

You should be covered by eBay Buyer Protection and

if you paid with PayPal you can enter a dispute.

Hope you get him!

Let us know how it all comes out.

Sue2

To begin with, I won't buy from any eBay seller with PRIVATE

feedback even if it's 100% like this sellers.

Second, if he has been selling the same keycode for months,

I would ask eBay why his feedback is 100%.

Has no one registered a complaint?

Has he found a way around the eBay system?

Something more is fishy here.

You should be covered by eBay Buyer Protection and

if you paid with PayPal you can enter a dispute.

Hope you get him!

Let us know how it all comes out.

Sue2

OH NO- As soon as I opened up a resolution case against him I had a refund in less than 20 minutes. That's why I don't mind buying on ebay- There's protection for that....

Money back, and reporting him to corel....

You can see in the picture the barcodes on the surface- it even seems to be a legit disc... but not a legit key :/

DCDGSX6MLAM01B1 D1G is legible in the printing as well as some other numbers.

Based on the broken english in the posting, I would guess China?

There are a LOT of Chinese doing business out of California. I buy electronics from them all the time.

I've also bought Full DVD sets from China at 1/3 the rpice of the US. Same discs...just printed in Chinese. They have no laws there (or don't enforce them) to prevent anyone from buying ONE and having it duplicated by the thousands.

The fact that everyone gets the same serial # tells ma this is exactly what he is doing. Will make it work but that's all

I recently picked up a copy of CorelDraw X6 on our favorite auction site, as there are lots available for affordable prices for "academic" use.

Software that is for "academic" use is only legally for use by college students and faculty members, and only for educational purposes. They do not always receive the same support and/or access to online features as the full versions. Theoretically, once you leave school, you are to remove any academic licensed software and replace it with the full version (although I bet most recent grads don't simply because they can't afford to). The purpose of the "academic" license is to get you hooked on the software so that you'll buy it rather than another vendor's software as you're already accustomed to this software and probably have work saved in it.

Using an "academic" licensed version of software for commercial use is one small step up from just pirating the software. You are violating the terms of the license agreement and are at risk of being shut down by the BSA.

Software that is for "academic" use is only legally for use by college students and faculty members, and only for educational purposes. They do not always receive the same support and/or access to online features as the full versions. Theoretically, once you leave school, you are to remove any academic licensed software and replace it with the full version (although I bet most recent grads don't simply because they can't afford to). The purpose of the "academic" license is to get you hooked on the software so that you'll buy it rather than another vendor's software as you're already accustomed to this software and probably have work saved in it.

Using an "academic" licensed version of software for commercial use is one small step up from just pirating the software. You are violating the terms of the license agreement and are at risk of being shut down by the BSA.

VM was not trying to use academic software.

This seller claimed legit software:

CORELDRAW

GRAPHICS SUITE X6

Full Version!

Not Upgrade! Not Academic!

It's alright in the end though, Corel directly sold me a copy of full version for the upgrade price. I sent their antipiracy dept. an email with all the info I could about the ssller, sale, and photos.

VM was not trying to use academic software.

This seller claimed legit software:

CORELDRAW

GRAPHICS SUITE X6

Full Version!

Not Upgrade! Not Academic!

I recently picked up a copy of CorelDraw X6 on our favorite auction site, as there are lots available for affordable prices for "academic" use. I purchased one from someone that seems to sell alot of them and has high feedback ratings.

Based on what VM said, it's difficult to tell. I wasn't accusing him of doing anything wrong, just pointing out to anyone who thinks it might be a good way to save money, that it's not in the long run.

I bought X4 over 2 years ago. I don't recall if I had any problem registering it. I'll have to check and see if it's any good. It's been 2 years since I tried to use it.