MadgedD

Hello from NM.

I am a total newbie. Just recently discovered this vinyl cutting craft with the Cricut but find I don't care for the limitations of buying cartridges. So have started looking into the Silhoutte Cameo which led me to this website.

AND that led me to the 14" cutter which is cheaper than the Cameo! Now I'm undecided again.

Can these machines be used just like a Cricut/silhouette in that they can be used for home crafts or are they strictly vinyl? Any suggestions for a stay at home grandma?

Thank you. Looking forward to learning from u all.

One more question, is their a specific forum for Silhoutte Cameo?

• Like 1

Hello and welcome . I really don't know much about the craft cutters you mentioned but I would guess the vinyl cutters will do about any thing that the small ones will . There are specs for each cutter on the sales site with pressures ,media width accepted etc do some research and decide from there . Good luck and again welcome .

Dan

Hi, you certainly will find lots of details throughout these threads about different uses for cutters ---- everything from sign making, to stencils, to decals, to sandblasting onto glass, to t-shirts, etc etc.

While I don't know what "home crafts" really entails, I can urge you to download and take a look at the functionality of SignBlazer Elements.

Hey welcome. You can use them the same way as the craft machines. I assume you mean to cut paper for crafts. You need to use the adhesive carrier sheets for best results and to help minimize wear to the machine. Then set the cutter up to cut your chosen media just like your cricut, but without all the limitations. I believe I have seen longer carrier sheets online before as well. For vinyl you don't need the carrier sheet. What part of NM? I'm in Albuquerque myself.

Thank u for the replies. This machine http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/2005/category_id/3/product_name/USCutter+MH-Series+Vinyl+Cutter

Can replace my Cricut completely? I'm a very beginner crafter so I don't see myself ever doing anything for profit. Truth be told I will outgrow this crafting phase in a year or so. Lol but in the meantime although I am pleased with my Cricut (mini) I don't enjoy the prices on the carts and would like something "bigger" with more flexibility.

I am 3 hours from u in Clovis.

I had to google the whole concept of cricut and cartridges, because I know nothing about that.

What it seems to be is this ---- each cartridge provides the design elements.

Using a regular cutter, and not having these ready-to-use items, you will have to consider what you want to cut and go obtain a vector graphic that will be suitable.

Well welcome neighbor. Yes just make sure to use the carrier sheets like the cricut to cut paper designs. Since you will cut all the way through with paper the sheet will keep it all together and stiff so it doesn't shift while cutting.