Sign in to follow this  
Double A

How much vinyl?

How much vinyl do you guys keep on hand and in stock? Also How many colors?

I have 25 colors all 50 yd rolls, I make large vehicle graphics. I always purchase 50 yd rolls.

It all depends on what your niche' is. Most full side graphics for me, require up to sometimes 25ft or more to do the total job.

I started with 10 yrd rolls and purchased a 50 yd roll in it's place when the 10 yrd got used. and worked every roll into 50yd rolls.

I also carry 15" x 50 yd in White, black, silver , And many extra rolls of colors in 30" x 50 yd..for larger decals.

I started with some basic colors (Black, White, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and maybe Purple and Pink) then built my inventory as customers ask for additional colors. You will almost always have leftovers.

Like Jay, I keep all the basics in 50 yard rolls. I also keep 30" width rolls of Red and Black. If I find a good deal I buy the odd colors like Purple and pink,etc. With 2 days from order to delivery, I can afford to wait and order any other colors as needed.

I have about 35 colors and only about 15 of them are large 50 yard rolls. This is all over a 6 year time period as well. Started with just black and white in the beginning

I got the 12 color assortment that slice&dice posted, I think its a good starting point but I suggest you get bigger rolls of the white and black.

I started with 6-8 basic colors and after a few months wound up with about 15. My local supplier delevers twice a week so can order pretty much "as needed". They do have a min. order thpough.