nastyhabitsracing

how to cut logos and shapes??

Sorry, im really new to this. i have a creation pcut with signblazer software. all i know how to do is cut letters and words, but id like to be able to cut other things. say a deer sticker, or a mcdonalds logo (for example lol) how can i do that? is there another program i have to use, then upload it into signblazer?

thanks in advanced for the help!!

Your cutter needs vector graphics to cut. For most of those, you will need to import .eps or .ai files. You can search on line for Vector graphics. www.brandsoftheworld.com has a lot of brand name logos but beware of copyright laws.

Hey there, nasty.

Try this -- Open your DRAW menu, select Library, and look into the many possibilities of logos and shapes that are in there.

(Drag them right into your workspace from the Library)

I did go into the library, but theres not the kind of stuff i want in there.

my first question is, say i need to take a logo off of a website, say "uscutter". what are the steps to make it possible to cut that?

my second question is, i went on the brands of the world website, and i saved a logo, but how to i get it into sign blazer now?

thank you!

Download the .eps from BOTW to your desktop (or someplace that you will remember)

Open SignBlazer

File + Import

In the lower left of the screen you can select what type of file to import. (select .eps)

In the upper right, is the file tree. Browse to where you stored your file.

You should see images of the .eps files that are located in that folder.

Select the one you want and click OK.

Disclaimer: SignBlazer has not been updated in a number of years. Some newer .eps file formats are not campatible with SignBlazer and will not open. If you have Adobe Illustrator, you can open them and save them out as an older version of .eps file (version 8 or earlier).

yes, yes it is very interesting

Spam I think. small link between 1 and This.

You can also vectorize your own graphics for cutting, Inkscape is a free program that you can use to vectorize.

• Like 1

Alright ill have to try that after work.

Ill try inkscape too. Can I get a quick rundown on how to use it?

Thanx!!!

there is no quick run down on graphics software. you have to learn it.. many tutorials out there, and also youtube videos.

So what kinds of things can I do with inkscape?

It is a graphics software program.. You can design graphics. Vector graphics. Most anything you can do with any other graphics program.

alrighty i got the image from BOTW to show up in my sign blazer.

now a question on the inkscape.

im looking for a program that takes a logo image, from a website or google or whatever, for example, USCUTTER at the top of this page, and converts it to vector so i can cut it on my cutter. thats all i need to do. is inkscape capable of this?

if not, what program is?

The ease of converting to a vector will depend on the quality and resolution of the image you are working on (a bitmap image - .jpg etc)

If it has sharp edges to the shapes and solid colors it will be a snap to vectorise.

If it has halftones and graduated color areas - or many small colored areas - it will be hard or impossible to do without a lot of editing of the vector - or some editing of the bitmap image to clean it up before using inkscape to vectorize.

Keep working and learning and you will get a feel for what will vectorize easily and what is just not suitable to easy use.

Awesome. Thanx everyone! Ill be using solid colored logos and solid color shapes (like a deer head) thank you!! Now I just gotta figure out how to import it in there, convert it into vector then import it into sb. Thanx!!

While there's a bit more to it than this, let me at least provide the basic steps ---

FILE: Import (embed)

PATH: Trace bitmap

Edge Detection (manipulate threshold accordingly)

Separate vector from original bitmap and delete that original

Select new vector and COPY

PASTE into Signblazer. (note that the size may be enormous)

In the Inkscape program there is tutorials that describe exactly how to convert an image into a vector graphic. If you spend the time to read all of the Inkscape tutorials you will learn quite a bit. It took me a few evenings of study to get throught he tutorials but I can now do a ton of basic design work in Inkscape.

If you have a business make sure you are confident in your software skills when working with a customer. Or if your not confident do the software when the customer is not there. The local business I was going to for vinyl graphics really sucked at the software and I actually got fed up with the guy that I bought my own cutter and stopped going to the business for vinyl paint masks. I stood around for 2 hours watching him fumble with trying to vectorize an image. After I downloaded Inkscape I was able to vectorize the image in a couple of minutes and it was done. In the mean time the business lost a couple hours working on an image that should take a couple minutes to do and lost a customer.

-Scott

thank you!

well i got it to work with a logo. but now i try to open inkscape and it says: inkscape has stopped working. windows can search online for a solution or something. it says this as soon as i double click inscape to open it.

i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it a few times and its still saying that.

You have encountered some operating-system insanity or conflict from whatever version of MS Windows you're running.

Here's what might allow running the program (Vista and Win7 workaround) ---

1. Click Start Menu

2. Click All Programs

3. Right click on the application you're trying to run

4. Select Properties

5. Click on the Compatibility tab

6. Check the checkbox next to "Run in compatibility mode for:"

7. Select XP SP 2 from the dropdown

8. Click "Apply"

9. Click "OK"

10. Then open up the application as you normally would.