Sign in to follow this  
my4turtles

Need help with image

So far im doing good with inkscape and pretty much know how to use it for black and white designs. In fact i have finally been able to give back here and have posted some designs.. However im stuck on this design. Is there a way to vectorize a design if the backgroud is dark. I would just like the wording and have tried several ways and just cant do it.. Any help would be great !!

post-24110-0-31306400-1344698670.jpg

Wording as in ALL the lettering on that? You need to find the font and rewrite it, not vector it.. Vectoring text is the last thing you do..

Mz SKEETER, i had a feeling that might be the way i had to go... was just keeping X cross there was a easier, quicker way haha !!

Re-typing IS the "easier, quicker way!"

You don't want to clean-up all the nodes on a trace like that.

OCR probably wouldn't work on something that big with

those colors.

Sue2

To answer your question about vectoring with a dark back ground. In the trace bitmap menu, there is an invert image or invert background, something like that. Use that and you should be good to go.

Thanks Coaster36 i will be using that for in the future for sure. There has been a lot off designs i have not done due to dark backgrounds..

glad to help. Dont forget to push buttons and see what they do. 99% of my inkscape knowledge has been self taught from trial and error.