mxracer394

weeding question

Did a decal for a buddy today and had trouble weeding it....is there a way to break up sections on a decal so the weeding isn't all one piece.... I kept pulling the actual sticker off.

Are you pulling the decal up with the weeded vinyl ? If so , draw lines using the poly tool .. that is what I do with certain decals . If the vinyl is not all the way cut , make sure the blade is adjusted . There is a test function where you can make cuts to see if the vinyl weeds easy . You can also use the Draw tool to make a square , rectangle etc just larger than your decal which works much better than SB's dated weeding tools .

I know when you go to the cut screen on the left at the bottom is a box for easy weed and a box for power weed. I have used the easy weed option before and it helped. You might want to give it a try.

I used to use the weeding options but then I found it just as easy to use my exacto knife to cut my own weed lines like the new mz skeeter said. If its a one off small decal I might use the weed border but if its anything large I just use the 'ol knife.

I agree coaster, I have grown use to using exacto knife also. I was just putting out there that there is an option. just my 2c.

Thats what I was wondering if there was a way to box in certain sections....what I did was a word above a fish and a word below this fish and it was a fish skeleton, I was ruining the fish lol. Would have been alot easier if I could have been able to weed in certain sections... I ended up using the exacto to get it done after several attempts

In the software I use for my cutter I can do detailed weeding lines, and I can put boxes of weeding lines around areas that I select - I tried the exacto knife but found that I sometimes cut into my design...what cutting program are you using?

Like Roger said, I will just draw lines with the Ployline tool to create weeding boxes.

In the software I use for my cutter I can do detailed weeding lines, and I can put boxes of weeding lines around areas that I select - I tried the exacto knife but found that I sometimes cut into my design...what cutting program are you using?

Brooks what software are you using?

Posted in the SignBlazer section so ..... :)

Like Roger said, I will just draw lines with the Ployline tool to create weeding boxes.

:) Rodger learned that from Jay ( and a bunch of other things ) Thanks Jay !!!