Sign in to follow this  
CADILLAC MAC

How to transfer Blank Vinyl, to a differnt backing paper

ok, the topic mite sound confusing, but what i am trying to do is, im cutting red and black vinyl, and i need to transfer either or to the other backing paper, or wax paper, whatever. that way when i transfer tape it, it will just be one piece. but the problem i am having, is i can not get the black vinyl to stick to the backing paper where the red viynl is. it dosnt even replace from the tape. is there a way to do this?

are you layering, if so make sure your tape will cover the largest part of the decal and then apply to one color and then remove and apply it to the second color. At this point you are ready to apply the whole decal, unless you are adding it to another color. But once you have both colors on one app tape it is ready to apply. Hope that helps.

Start with the top most layer and add layers below it.

Not quite sure why your trying to do that.

Are you trying to make a two color graphic? If so its still called layering, they dont have to touch.

Just apply the app tape to the black, then remove the backing and then take the app tape with the black and stick it where you want it on the red backing paper. Then squeggee it down real good and leave it. The app tape will stick to the red and black and it should stick to the backing good enough. Then when you want to install it just pull it all off the backing and stick it to whatever.

There are many videos on youtube.com on how to layer decals, here is one such

video

this is the video i used to layer