Sign in to follow this  
Carlcas

Race Car Numbers...in Flexi Starter...

I appologize if this has been asked before...But I didnt see it.

I have FlexiStarter..and a US Cutter Vinyl Cutter...

I would like to know if there is an easy way to make 2 layer race car numbers right in Flexi....

Right now I make 2 different files in adobe illustrator and then try to size and lay them in Flexi and cut...Seems like kind of a pain in the butt.

I am hoping there is a way I could choose a font in Flexi...Type the number...Make it outline the number in black..and then help me cut them so I can use crop marks.

Thanks in advance for the help, Its much appreciated.

Carlcas

Select your text.... go to effects at the top and see if outline is available... I can't remember if Starter offers that or not.... once you outline it you have to click on the green check in the outline box to apply it. Also make sure if you want a backing on it you have that option selected..

he can do that in Illustrator, make your number, outline it in Illustrator, It is 1 file.. save it, Import into Flexistarter, put some registration marks on it,, and cut by color. You don't put the image on wire frame. Just send it to the cutter. Once in cut/plot screen, Choose the option tab at the top of screen, mine is 3rd over from left looks like a blade (without the + sign beside it). Now check SEND ALL COLORS and check PAUSE BETWEEN COLORS... send it to cutter, When you do that , a place at the bottom of my screen flashes, Click it, it should show which color it's going to cut first, So, put that color of vinyl in, when done, put the other color in and cut it... Hope that gets you somewhere.