Sign in to follow this  
mr_nibbles

New to the forum & Cutting need lots of help

Hi

We are Andy & Cath from the UK and are starting from scratch

We need some software & help

First how do we convert vector graphic eps files to files for cutting?

Your help would be appreciated

didn't you get cutting software with your vinyl cutter? You import them into your cutting software. Then send to your vinyl cutter..

• Like 1

You can also use SignBlazer. Download for free from this site. Just do a search.

ok gang, I AM A NEWBIE... lol and I am using sign blazer, how do you cut a name with a different color shadow behind it?

didn't you get cutting software with your vinyl cutter? You import them into your cutting software. Then send to your vinyl cutter..

No just the plotter ..

I know it sounds stupid but how does the cutter define the different colours in an image?

No just the plotter ..

I know it sounds stupid but how does the cutter define the different colours in an image?

the cutter it's self..doesn't define any colors, It doesn't care what color of vinyl you put in it. the software defines what you are cutting,

sorry also .. can anyone suggest a good resourse for the vector images?

There are many sold on UScutter.com and plenty at the big auction, online.

You need to take a whole lot of time and read this forum, These questions have been asked and answered a zillion times... There is also a search box up in the right corner. Go to home page, and do some searches,,, plenty of great info here.

• Like 2

Thank you .. guess its gonna be a learning curve ..

Yes, it is a skilled job.. here is a good read, download in first post

Cheerio Cath & Andy! Glad to see you getting your feet wet.

Think of it this way --- in this world there are two kinds of graphics: Pixel and Vector.

Pixel graphics are composed of tiny dots, each one having a defined color, and the mixture of them all creates what your eye can absorb as an "image" (whatever you see here on the computer screen is pixel-based)

Vector graphics are defined by X-Y coordinates and are Linear. That is what the plotter can do, following these lines.

For example, the letter 'A' is cut by the blade on the plotter tracing around all the edges.

Here are two different items -- one is something you can cut easily, the other is not --

Hybiscus---Outline-around-S.gif

(this needs to be converted in order to make it cuttable, but it is easy to do that within SignBlazer)

and

summer-girls-vector-graphics.jpg

(This is a jpg file, but it's not 'cuttable' and can't be coverted)

Hello and welcome . There is a learning curve but most of the questions have been asked and answered within this forum . Download inkscape and learn it convert your bitmap into curves for cutting fairly simple and there are tutorials on both this forum and you tube .

Dan

Hi again

I think I am being a little thick or something ... using inkscape I have traced an image and cannot figure out how to bring up the nodes to edit it ..

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP please

After you trace the image make sure you delete the original the you can select the traced image and see the nodes.