SurberSigns

I may stick to vinyl

Over the last week iv been trying to get into screen printing but it seems like its going to be such a hassle for me right now. Iv been doingwxcellent with vinyl and im thinking about sticking with it but taking it a step furthur..

Im starting to vinyl magnets and coro and stuff like that... Im selling my screen printing set up for about $1,000 im wanting to buy more vinyl equipment..

I found a 28" us cutter sameeee one i got now for $200 on craiglist i found ot. The guy says it like brand new. Im thinking about buying that for a backup and buying lots of vinyl and accessories. Or maybe advertising in the newspaper..

Or what is there i can invest in??

So far all of my advertising money has gone into a) putting my company name and URL on the tailgate of my pickup (cost - $0 as I cut it out of the scrap from a paying job) and B) paying Facebook to run ads for my weekly decal give-away contest which drives people to my Facebook page and gets them to 'Like' me and see what all I can do, which then leads to them asking me to do work for them (cost so far <$5 per week for targetted advertisements - they let you pick your target age range, geographics, gender, interests, etc.). Just got a request this week to make name decals for a set of 9 plastic tumblers for an upcoming bacheolerette (sp?) party - because they saw my work on Facebook and thought it looked like something I could do.

I need to take some time and get business cards made up that I can hand out, and maybe some kind of flyer, too. Really, so far, word of mouth has been my greatest asset in getting the word out.

I started doing screen printing along with my vinyl and sublimation and its a great addition. There is a learning curve but once you get that behind you its a great service to offer!

im going to try the facebook advertising.

If you're working for a sign shop, don't you think you would be upset if you had someone working for you that up and decided to start doing work with the same products on the side biting into your own work? I would think the would not be too fond of you trying to grow a business while working for them. If they do not know about it, there could be legal reprecussions as well later on down the road.

What you do is your own business, just a thought- also didn't seem like they were paying you much either.... not far off minimum wage here so can't say I blame you.

they know i do this on the side.. thats how i got the job. this place is so big, there is no competition comparison. im not taking any customers.. i work mainly for people i KNOW and are from down south and not even around here....

they know i do this on the side.. thats how i got the job. this place is so big, there is no competition comparison. im not taking any customers.. i work mainly for people i KNOW and are from down south and not even around here....

Please don't take my post wrong, I was not meaning to sound like I was criticising or questioning- just rambling unlike some folks have been lately...

Sounds good to me- like I said- know how that goes. I am a Muzak/Commercial A/V technician by trade and do a TON of home audio/video work for residential customers on the side (work turns down any residential work) so I don't step on any toes...