Sign in to follow this  
markvvq

Sizing text

In Flexi Starter 10 is it possible to size text to fit than increase the height of the letters. I was not able to get it to work no matter what I checked. I know proportional has to be toggled off. Also is it possible to select just a letter or portion of a file to recut if a letter gets damaged.

Mark

yes on both... If I am understanding you right... To just select lettering, try text> BREAK APART,,,

"size text to fit than increase the height of the letters", explain that please

But yes, you can size lettering or TEXT

Once you select the big T for text, the box changes in DESIGN CENTRAL

To just select an object, ARRANGE > UNGROUP ALL..

post-3058-0-07392500-1338676702.jpg

I was actually referring to once it is in the cutting portion. I can make it full width of the vinyl but ca't make the letters taller.

Mark

Ok, I make a simple text file in Flexi and send it to the cutter. Once in the cutter I load 15 inch vinyl and have 13.5 inched of width that can be cut. The letters were 8" and I say scale to fit media. Now it expands to 13.5" and the height is sized proportionately. Let's say 3 inches high but I want it to be 5" high. does that make sense to you.

Mark

You size the text before it goes to the cut/ plot ... That is what Design Central is for. Sizing your design or your text. Then send it to the cut/plot.

You change your sizes for design or text in the layout screen with Design Central, before sending to CUT/PLOT. When it is in the CUT/PLOT it will show the size you chose for your design PLUS it will add a .2 for border. So say your design is 8" it will be 8.2" And the VERY BOTTOM should be 100%

If your on your layout screen, you can click HELP at the top of your screen, then HELP TOPICS, Most is for FlexiPRO. but can still explain what each feature is.

I thought that it would allow me to resize like cutmaster does. I like a lot of the features of cutmaster better. It allows me to change the graphic size by inches or % and allows me to select part of the design to recut. Now that I know it can't be done in flexi I will just resize and resend to the cutter.

thanks

You can resize,, and select part of the design to recut. I do it all the time. Even if it's just a dot on an I... I can select it and recut it....the same size it originally was. Or change to a different size... BUT you don't do it in the CUT/PLOT screen. That is for cutting. You do it in the layout screen.... Arrange> UNGROUP ALL> Select what you want to recut,, SEND..... Text would be TEXT> BREAK APART. Select what you want... ADJUST THE TEXT if you want, move text.. just cut 1 letter if you want...Send .... Some files are locked, so can't be ungrouped... But anything that can be ungrouped can be selected.

% I never use. I know the sizes I am cutting.. I don't need a % of it. Just size it in Design Central.

But % you can do right on the Cut/Plot Screen,, where it says SIZE... I keep mine at 100%, But that 100% can be changed just by putting your mouse on the arrow to go up or down to what ever % you want. In CUTTING MASTER 2 It is job size.

I'll grap some screen captures as soon as I get a chance. Will be tied up the beginning of this week than heading to Atlanta for the big knife show.

Mark