koletsb

Is there a double-sided clear adhesive?

I had a client purchase 200 stickers which I even provided a sample for them to have before I continued the order. The approved them and I went on to make the stickers. They have them all and paid for them but now are saying that they wanted the stickers to be on the inside of the car instead of the outside. I am trying to find a way to fix this the cheapest way for them because they are a good client of mine. Is there any type of double sided clear vinyl or laminate that I can just place on top of them to make them work that way?

Thanks

Brandon

how big are they? You can get double sided banner hem tape 2" wide.It is clear.

You could maybe try a laminate and stick them in that way but it is going to be very noticeable. I would explain the the customer that putting decals on the inside of the glass means the adhesive side is exposed to the sun and a lot of it will yellow after a short time. If you had given them a sample prior they knew what they were getting. I would be real hesitant to try and finagle a way of making them work. It will only look poorly upon your workmanship (even though it wasn't your fault.) I would try one with laminate put the sticker on the lam sticky side to sticky side then stick one inside the window and see how they look. If that doesn't do it maybe clear vinyl. It will cost a few dollars but I think the clear vinyl would stretch and move enough you may not see the edges as much as you would the laminate.

You can also get oracal transparent vinyl

How would this work? Only one side is sticky

Same way I was describing sticky side to sticky side then put them on the inside. You could actually do it with a color even if they didn't mind having a background color.

How could this work. The back of the sign would still have adhesive and the front would have tape that would be visible

Mark.

How would this work? Only one side is sticky

are these temporary lettering for a car dealer ? If so like was said sticky side to sticky with a margin around the perimeter to stick to the glass. If this would not work you may want to offer to re cut in mirror for cost just a suggestion if they are really good customer

are these temporary lettering for a car dealer ? If so like was said sticky side to sticky with a margin around the perimeter to stick to the glass. If this would not work you may want to offer to re cut in mirror for cost just a suggestion if they are really good customer

I will most likely do this. I don't think I will have any other options.

I will most likely do this. I don't think I will have any other options.

For good customers it is better to even take a loss then lose the business .

Okay, I have decided to charge him for the cost that it would be for me. The decals are going to be printed on my wf 1100 and I found out how much its gonna cost for the vinyl but I am trying to figure out how much ink might cost. I will need about 13 pages of the ink. Does anyone have a rough estimate on how much that might be?

Ink, for the WF1100 is about 70$ for a refill kit if you have a CISS setup from Cobra, I don't see it costing you more than 10$ in ink on a very very very very generous amount.

Isin't this for the job that has to go on the inside of the glass. How is printing going to help.

Mark

• Like 1

Isin't this for the job that has to go on the inside of the glass. How is printing going to help.

Mark

I am printing reverse on clear vinyl

I don't think anyone makes a clear vinyl you can print on with Aqueous ink from the 1100. Unless you have a sub kit and even then I don't know how that would work. Even if the ink does adhere to the vinyl the sun is going to fade it in very little time..... Unless there is something new I am not aware of?:huh:

I only print with pigment ink so it would not work for me. I still think you would be better off cuting regular vinyl in mirror mode. Dye based inks fade very fast in the sun. You would be lucky to get 6 months. Are you doing the project in several colors?

It is a three color sticker that is a parking pass for a apartment complex so they will only be used for a maximum of 12 months. Fading should not be much of an issue for this so it should work out just fine.

I will post pictures later today

3 colors does make a difference. Good luck, I use printable vinyl from that company and their uv cold laminate. It is good stuff. Mr 300 turned me on to them.