YFZBOB

Tell me this isn't a SCAM

Thought I would share this with you. :police: I'm selling one of my quads online. I have this buyer willing to pay for it via PAYPAL. First of all. I will not do PAYPAL, It's Cash or Bank Cashiers Check. But here's the e-mail I received from the prospective buyer:

Hello,

Thanks for the mail, I'm interested in buying this item for my son and

I'm okay with the price, I'm a Petroleum Engineer and currently

offshore I want this as a surprise gift for my son so I won't want him

to be aware until delivery. Kindly reply me with your paypal email

address for the payment should incase you do not have an account with

paypal you can easily set-up an account with them today as it's

secured and reliable in terms of transaction arrangement. Visit the

website on www.paypal.com I will be responsible for the paypal

charges. My movers would come around for the pick up as soon as

possible after the payment has been made and your full address and

phone number will be needed for the freight arrangement I would love

to speak with you through the phone but due to the nature of my work

as a Petroleum Engineer i work mainly offshore and our phone is down

on the rig right now due to bad weather, We can still communicate

through the email exchange for now.

I will be looking forward to read from you in real soon with the

paypal email address and your full address including phone number for

the freight arrangement.

As instructed by me. He will not call my number I have listed in the ad. :blink:

...Quick Google Search LOL! Never mind.... Glad my common sense SLAPPED me in the face.

• Like 1

This isn't a scam .

Cool, I'll go for it... Petroleum Engineer. Wonder if he'll include the Vaseline? :lol:

I would watch out for those bank checks also, Postal money order is better.

• Like 1

Don't do it I had the same thing happen to me they said they were over in Irac in the army when I was selling my laptop same mo buying for the son. Only I was wise to the scam since there was a fake pay pal reciept like he sent money to my account. I reported him to Pay Pal.

Paypal charges can be reversed if the payer claims they've never received product. Paypal is better than Western Union, but I wouldn't touch this one, or not without serious proof that this guy isn't just lying to you. Cross-reference it, in case it's legit and you don't screw over some guy hard at work on a rig. You also have to protect yourself.

I find his wording a little fishy too, for some reason (no pun intended). Something about the wording/tone is weird to me where he's telling you how to sign up for PayPal—like he does this a lot. Dunno, just does't 'feel' right but I wouldn't do it without digging-deeper into the legitimacy of the prospective 'buyer'.

Hey Nuke , been a while . how have you been ? This is so obviously a scam , that no consideration should be given at all !!! The OP wanted to be told this is not a scam ... which I did :) . I advertise on Craigslist alot & get these constantly .

well all you need to do is go to paypal and make an account, give him ur paypal account only, he sends you the money, receive it and send it to ur bank, if u get the deposit, u can send him ur rig with confirmation or registered or something, but tell him you will only send to paypal verified address only, that way he wont be able to scam you, if u send it and asking for a signature, even if he report to paypal, u can just give the proof of shipping it and with the number they can track it and will see its signed already.

i have bought A LOT and sold a lot on ebay, i have had bad experience too but after doing that, i havent received any complain and havent been scammed