matd81

First Cutter Budget Increase, Roland or Graphtec?

So, OP...did you decide and which one did you go with?

• Like 1

I Have a question about speed that has been mentioned here. I have a graphtec knockoff( VE60+) I have been cutting some very detailed stick figures to put on a banner for my displays. The bodies are only about 2 inches tall and some of the very small cuts are lifting off. I have been thinking about maybe slowing the speed down from 10 where it is set to about 6-8. Will the detailed areas that are lifting when it is cutting not lift so bad at a slwer speed? If that goes along the lines of my thinking then that will help the OP in his decision by knowing that faster is not always better.

Thanks

Thomas

actually your problems could be speed, but also too much blade sticking out of the blade holder. I can cut .2 in letters with no problems

I Have a question about speed that has been mentioned here. I have a graphtec knockoff( VE60+) I have been cutting some very detailed stick figures to put on a banner for my displays. The bodies are only about 2 inches tall and some of the very small cuts are lifting off. I have been thinking about maybe slowing the speed down from 10 where it is set to about 6-8. Will the detailed areas that are lifting when it is cutting not lift so bad at a slwer speed? If that goes along the lines of my thinking then that will help the OP in his decision by knowing that faster is not always better.

Thanks

Thomas

The best way to find out is try it. I was just going nuts trying to cut very small letters for a sandblast job. I tried everything than found out my 60 deg. Clean Cut blade had the tip chipped. It didn't show so much on larger letters.

Mark

Hey Stetty , I understand & think highly of you . I don't pretend to buy solely from USCutter & have even listed on here a guy on e-bay that sells cut off rolls of vinyl that comes in great for text lines ( 3'+ & does not directly compete with what USC sells ) . For me , posting an offer to a sales gal where she would offer a better option for a cutter is what I think is not right ( especially since I remember you posting about a sales gal who works for **** ********* , that company has been much less than honorable towards USC in the past ) . I think honesty is a major part of a freindship , so there ya got it :) . You were probably a bit tired from the long trips you have been making !!!

The post was meant to make the OP an informed decision...Not to start a tiff on the thread...I sometimes play one company against the other to get my best deal...Works great and lasts long time...LOL...Honesty is one of the most valued parts of friendship for sure..I totally agree.