stickemupsign

Signblazer missing features

The signblazer I downloaded from the uscutter website doesn't have the colorblend feature and some of other things that are in the manuel. I was wondering if that is something that I need to download or how do I get it.

Some of them only work when you are in certain parts of the program, download the SB manual and read it. I do my design work in Inkscape also a free program, and mostly just cut from SB.

SignBlazer had several versions , Elements being the cheapest/least featured . It was a 30 day free trial that never expired ... that is the reason it is free now . The SignBlazer Pro & Hot Shots had more features . When the owner passed , the company shut down . Lawsuits about an employee's ownership of certain things has been settled & an evolved software has been developed , just not released ( the floods in Austrailia last year was 1 problem ) . I have seen & tried the evolved software ( a 10 day trial that DID end ) & am in the front of the line to buy it when it does get released . It has more features than Elements & more were going to be added . There are problems/expenses/distributor issues etc that may keep it from ever being released , but I am staying positive :)

USCutter should jump on that bandwagon. I think SignBlazer is one of the main reasons that they have sold so many cutters. This forum is one of the others.

I agree 100 % . SignBlazer is the easiest software to get started with by far IMO . Elements does anything needed by anybody cutting vinyl . It isn't Flexi Pro as far as options/features , but a small fraction of Flexi Pro's price ( when SignBlazer was selling for $100 ... by now SignBlazer would have surpassed Flexi IMO , if Jerry had not passed ) . The forum was a big part of my decision to buy from USCutter ( biggest reason was the price of the cutter & Ken Imes , he was a role model in being as professional as possible , calling me back several times & answering questions he must have answered a zillion times to others before me .. running the forum at the same time ) . InkScape & SignCut was packaged with my cutters , then SignBlazer was packaged a few months after I bought mine . The free 30 day trial was offered to those of us that did not get the " registered " version that those who bought cutters packaged with SignBlazer . To me , SignBlazer & USCutter go hand in hand . The internet & competitors also think so . Much negatives have been shot at USCutter from competitors because of the legal situation after SignBlazer went out of business when Jerry passed . Those shots were trivial & very unprofessional . i blasted several ads from 1 BIG company .. quoting them & proved what they said completely WRONG . They changed the comments made by an upper employee & never responded after they deleted my response :) . I know the new company has offered USC the US distrutor rights & I hope that happens whenever it is ready to be released . As dissapointing as it was that SignBlazer went out of business with no support or improvements , the legal issues , development issues & distributor issues are as dissapointing . I have mainly German & Irish heritage ... i know i will be dancing the irish jig when the evolved software is released . I have faith !!! , even though it has been about 4 years :)

When I first bought my MH 871 i tried using Inkscape and Signcut, but found that for me, Signblazer did everything I needed. Never went back to Signcut, although I liked the weeding options.

Can you say what the major improvements in the updated Signcutter are?

Should I start saving my pennies (or dollars)? :lol:

SignBlazer ... :lol: . I agree that SignCut has the best weeding option of any software . I can't imagine how that could be improved by anybody !!! Seems adding weeding lines anywhere vertically or horizontally could not be a copyright/trademark issue , so maybe other softwares will add that .. I hope the evolved SignBlazer software gets that at some time . No major improvements , just some of the features of higher versions on what i got to see/try . I got the feeling that the evolved software is going to be VERY affordable . The tech support & having it updated would be worth whatever the cost is IMO , let alone the improvements/added features . I have no clue on what is involved in developing it or what it takes to release it ( i know a huge amount of time & money ) & until it gets released , not a sure thing . Getting distributors would seem like the last thing to line up . I have my money saved already :) & would contribute to help develop it ( i am sure many on here would also ) .

At some point, when there is a full-version SB ready to go, it might be worthwhile for USCutter to just offer a 'FREE' cutter with the purchase of the SB software suite, maybe at a price point of under $800.

This would be the reverse of what other companies are doing -- selling a cutter and providing 'FREE' FlexiStarter software.

(Valued at $395, they claim).

If I was going to suggest "features" of SB that I would like to see, the following two are at the top of the list:

1. Better 'SELECTION' controls (especially highlighting text)

2. Upgraded LIBRARY of clip-art and designs

2. Upgraded LIBRARY of clip-art and designs

It would be nice to be able to add to the library.