Sign in to follow this  
Ballistic

Printing with Flexi

I got my printer back up and running and started with flexi 10 added my printer was real nice and fast to add the printer, but after i got it all setup i sent a test photo of my truck and there are lines like half inch

Link to what it looks like printed HERE

After that i did some other test with differnt photos and same results, one was a .jpg file and other was a .PSD (raw photo from my canon 5Dmk2)

Wen you bring the pic into Flexi do you drag and drop or iimport? Always import..Will cure lots of wierd issues... also when the screen pops up asking to import gradiiants as bands uncheck that and see if that helps..Also change your profile to Oracal 3165 bi dir 2..Will lay down more ink and possibly help. You will need to change the profile in the production manager to set it properly...Hope it helps

stetson5331

• Like 1

Wen you bring the pic into Flexi do you drag and drop or iimport? Always import..Will cure lots of wierd issues... also when the screen pops up asking to import gradiiants as bands uncheck that and see if that helps..Also change your profile to Oracal 3165 bi dir 2..Will lay down more ink and possibly help. You will need to change the profile in the production manager to set it properly...Hope it helps

stetson5331

i have dragged and did file>open

ill give import a try later

Make sure you uncheck the gradiants as bands and also check your profile too..If the profiles not laying enough ink down it will do that as well..

If you did not do the ICC profiles install for your printer also go back to your install cd and explore it to get them..They dont install all of them on their own during instalation either..

good luck..Glad to help anytime..

• Like 1

Make sure you uncheck the gradiants as bands and also check your profile too..If the profiles not laying enough ink down it will do that as well..

If you did not do the ICC profiles install for your printer also go back to your install cd and explore it to get them..They dont install all of them on their own during instalation either..

good luck..Glad to help anytime..

How do i uncheck the gradiants and then change my profiles, im still new to using the priniting in flexi used to always use photoshop for printing

and if that doesnt work ill install the drivers for my printer

A box pops up when DND or import showing gradiants as bands if theres a gradieant it sees..On the production manager screen double click your printer in the left payne..look at the 3rd tab at the top and there is different profiles to choose from in the drop downs..Before changinging make sure you go back to your install cd and install all the ICC profiles for your printer..Makes the world of difference on different profiles..For different matterials..One will say Oracal 3165 bi dir 2..that will lay down the best coverages..Sometimes puts too much red or magenta in the print though but you learn to correct for it on design..

I assume since your printing you have the Flexi Pro 10 version...

What printer are you printing with? These options are not there for all types of printers and if you have not loaded any ICC profiles you will not have the choices.

Printing raster images from what I can tell from the OP's initial post, so choosing how it handles gradients will not help.

Looks like a feed calibration issue within flexi itself. Make sure you have the correct printer with the correct build in your production manager. Do a test print to verify heads are open.

Its a HP CP 2500 Printer

Its pretty old but still gets the job done

I did some more reading up on it, and found some things to do, im going to try and print some stuff from adobe photoshop to make sure all stuff is working later tonight...

I had the same problem and the correct icc profile and printer set up took care of mine.. If the speed and quality is not set right then it will do crazy stuff...

I had the same problem and the correct icc profile and printer set up took care of mine.. If the speed and quality is not set right then it will do crazy stuff...

Ok so hopefully once i track down some 64bit drivers it will work

what version of flexi are you using? sounds like your adding it as a desktop printer and not thru the production manager cause your looking for drivers. If your not using the flexi rip you output is going to be severly diminished. No Windows drivers needed as your not spooling this.

When setting up flexi a screen should pop up and ask what devices you are installing..If you did not do that then like SA says..your installing it like a printer thru add a printer..Thats not what we are saying..

Across the top you have two print icons...The one you should be usinf is the one that looks like a wide format printer, not the one that looks like a desk top printer...Once you use the correct one the production manager pops up...If you don't have the screen that says production manager your not set up properly and can't set profiles or material or anything like that...Using Flexi to print with is not the same as usinf MS Word and printing..Lots more to set up and do..Profiles need to be set along with what type of material, heater settings, gradation adjustments, tiling, and so many more to mention..If you have not found those on what your doing then UTube your version of Flexi about setting up a printer and cutter in Flexi and try that...