Sign in to follow this  
absolute_customs

Vinyl by the foot?

Ive had some resent orders for colors that I dont normally stock. So Im looking for a place that sells vinyl either by the yard or foot. Ive looked at some places, and prices are good till you get to the shipping cost. $15 for shipping?!?! Theres almost no profit there then! Can I talk USCutter into selling it to me by the yard?!

What colors are you looking at? What is the install going to be? I have ordered a few rolls of the Green Star and am VERY happy with the results. I wouldn't really letter a whole car with it but for just general sayings and small window decals it perfect. At only $14 a roll and $9 shipping you can't beat it.. I order 3 or 4 rolls at a time makes it very easy to stock a few extra odd colors and not break the bank.

What I have done is charge enough to cover the cost of the special order vinyl. Even if I don't make any additional on the decal you have the rest of the vinyl already paid for and you have a happy customer who will probably come back.

The first time I was asked for pink vinyl on a job, I didn't have any. Lucky for me, my local supplier sold by the yard. Shortly after, I bought an entire roll. Once people found out I had pink....I was buying a roll (50 yards) every few months. Same thing for Purple. Having a good stock of various colors will sell a job better than anything. US Cutter sells starter packs of several colors.

• Like 1

Well my problem is that im looking for some Oracal 5500 series. I dont really want to buy a full roll at $100+ when this is the first time I have ever been asked for it. I found one place selling it, per foot was a very good price, but when you throw on the $15 shipping its not so good.

Ya,they deff make their money on shipping costs also.

Ive had a couple customers has for a color that I dont have in stock. How does everyone charge in this case? If I charge like I usually do I would lose money. If i tried to recoup the costs for the vinyl, the price would be to expensive and customer wouldnt buy!

Depends on the color.... I stock all the normal colors... Red White Black Blue Orange Yellow Green Pink Purple Silver. Then I have a few of colors that I have had to order for jobs Lime Green Carbon Fiber Merlot Matte Black and Aqua.... I didn't charge much on these because I knew I would sell more of it once I had it. If it were a color I didn't think I would use again I would explain the the customer that it isn't a common color and there is a fee for having to special order it. On the other hand once you order it you can always find something to do with it.... I never thought I would use the Merlot but when people see it they really like it... As far as the Carbon Fiber I wrap a ton of cell phones and laptops with it.. I am in need of another roll already.

What I have done is charge enough to cover the cost of the special order vinyl. Even if I don't make any additional on the decal you have the rest of the vinyl already paid for and you have a happy customer who will probably come back.

I have done the same thing and I have quite a color collection now. There aren't many colors that I haven't sold more of to make up the difference.

Well in this case im looking for some Oralite 5500 reflective sky blue. I ended up buying a 15" x 10 yard roll from USCutter, with a few other things total was $120. In this case im going to lose money, but its a repeat customer, so at this point im just trying to keep him happy so he stays a repeat.

that was a good call if it was a good customer. You don't want them having to find some where else if you don't have to. There is always a chance that they would start using that new person instead of you!

I found expressionsvinyl.com. Can buy sheets of oracal 651 at good pricing, and shipping was less than $5. So might be a good place to check out if your not looking for full rolls.

Come on USCutter, sell sheets!!